Trumpeter 2S3 Akatsiya

A phenomenally good build, beautifully captured in those pictures. All around top quality, great job.

Edited by doozer1974

HI Andy, just a quick question, did you apply a satin coat prior to the colour wash with Vallejo,and oils. I have followed your paint instructions on my BRM3 With ERA and am relly pleased at how its turning out. Will post pics as soon as I have finished it.

Many thanks

Dave

Hi Dave

The Vallejo camo green colour wash was applied undiluted over the previous paint layers. It's quite a transparent colour so it just tints the surface. I applied 2-3 coats on some panels and fewer on others to add more contrast. After that, it was gloss coated and the decals added with another gloss coat to seal them. I added a pin wash with burnt umber oil over the gloss coat then, once dry added a matt coat. After that I added some shading and highlighting with prussian blue, burnt sienna, sap green, yellow ochre and white oils. They were used pretty much neat from the tube and blended into the surface which works better over a matt finish, over gloss it tends to just smear and look patchy. All that was lightly sealed with a misted on matt coat, then the mud and other weathering was added. I also added a few rust streaks here and there at the end with burnt sienna oil. You can mostly see them on the dozer blade at the front

16061541710_c202ca4481_c.jpg

Looking forward to seeing your BRM

Thanks

Andy

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Perfect weathering !

What a superb work :bounce::thumbsup:

Edited by JB's
  • Like 1