Dominican Republic EMB-314 Super Tucano

Hi peeps

Starting this one a little late, unfortunately not had the chance to build anything due to moving home, but the new man cave is ready and I'll be starting this today, but still got 4 months to get this one finished.

This is one of the Dominican Tucanos

A-29SuperTucanoFAD-2907SanIsidro27-2-11_

I'll be using the Hobby Boss kit for this build, which looks a good one also with after market decals

Going to be making a start over today and the weekend hope to get some work on this one

photo131_zpsb00c11ca.jpg

photo232_zps58b6643c.jpg

• Like 5

So a little more done over past couple of days in between family and work life.

Pit now sealed inside fuselage, wings and horizontal stabilizers attached, starting to take shape

photo71_zpse5e4d26a.jpg

• Like 2

I'm glad someone's started their HB Super Tuc... mine is languishing in its box, awaiting the time I manage to start it for this GB. It was calling plaintively, but is now shouting loudly and abusively every time I pass the shelf where it lies. So I must find time to complete the 2 kits I have promised myself to finish before I start another.

Looks good, Mr Ness, I hope I can do mine justice (although both Eduard and his Latin alter ego will be conspicuous by their absence for my build.)

Well, a little more work done today, not too much but main fuselage is together with wings and a few other air frame parts.

I started adding my usual nose weight, 4.5mm air rifle pellets

photo133_zps8242c659.jpg

Afterward i'ld sealed all the weight in by gluing the nose to the fuselage I felt it didn't quite feel right. So I came up with the idea of adding weight into the fuel tanks as well. Hopefully this works, I have not built a tail sitting for some time.

photo234_zps4661b515.jpg

also got that nasty seam out of the canopy with a little sanding and polishing, it all seams good so far, this could turn out to be my best built kit to date.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

hi peeps, no post for a while, due to working a few 6 days weeks over feb/mar, so had limited time to get on with the build.

here is where we are now. Darker grey looks a little glossy, a little wet still, but seems ok

photo%2072_zpseralph6l.jpg

• Like 2

We are getting closer to finishing the kit now.

I've attached all the smaller parts, tanks and pylons and touched up some paint work. Now its just a case of applying the gloss coat, adding decals and sealing them in.

Only down fall to the kit, is unfortunately, with all the weight I've added, its still a tail sitting :( , but i'll find some accessories to hide that, a maintenance ladder etc

Although I'll display the kit with closed canopy, I've not fixed it in place, so the pit can be seen in its full glory

photo%203%2022_zpsm9eejlep.jpg

photo%201%2034_zps044gtsne.jpg

photo%202%2035_zpswdu00miw.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...