1/72 - Dornier Do.17Z-2/Z-7 & Z-10 by ICM - released

Homebee

As already announced in a ICM general thread (http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234974439-icm-148-junkers-ju-88a5dornier-do-17z/), the Ukrainian brand is to release new tool 1/72nd Dornier Do.17 kits.

Source - ICM 2015 catalogue : http://www.icm.com.ua/katalog/

- ref. 72303 - Do.17Z-10, WWII German Night Fighter - 100% new molds

Box art (provisionnal)

Z102_zps88c4c024.jpg

- ref. 72304 - Do.17Z-2, WWII German Bomber

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

- ref. 72303 - Dornier Do 17Z-10 WWII German Night Fighter release is now expected for Q1 2016
- ref. 72304 - Dornier Do 17Z-2 WWII German Night Fighter release expected for Q3 2016

Do-17Z_zpsngzzlnft.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

Be prepared for fantastic and in my opinion definitive Do 17 family in 1/72, Airfix is more than nice ( especially fine detail ), but such fine and more importantly

sharp detail has to be seen....trailing edges, panel lines :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Be prepared for fantastic and in my opinion definitive Do 17 family in 1/72, Airfix is more than nice ( especially fine detail ), but such fine and more importantly

sharp detail has to be seen....trailing edges, panel lines :thumbsup:

All those years we struggled with the old Frog and Monogram Do-17s, now we're spoiled for choice.

Do you know if ICM have addressed the tail problems of their 1/48th Dorniers in the 1/72 kits?

Cheers,

Bill.

All those years we struggled with the old Frog and Monogram Do-17s, now we're spoiled for choice.

Do you know if ICM have addressed the tail problems of their 1/48th Dorniers in the 1/72 kits?

Cheers,

Bill.

Hi Bill, I do not Know, I did not get the chance to see fuselage ( tail ) parts...but they know about tail issue in 1/48 so will see....

Regards

Tom

ICM in the past have had issues with poor fit, more because they want to get more versions out of there molds. Hopefully that won't be the case here as the Airfix and ICM versions would complement each other

Ray

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The one place they pooched it is the cowl mounting rods, that would be the part that looks like a bicycle wheel beside the engine front with the push rods. That bit needs to be tossed and some proper mounts built from some rod or such, Airfix got that part correct. Otherwise it's a nice looking kit and hopefully they will bring out the other variants as they have in 1/48.

Answering my own question, from what's shown in the linked reviews, the tail looks very much like it repeats the problems of their 1/48 kit.

Cheers,

Bill

I

Edited by Heraldcoupe

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Do.17Z-10 is to be reboxed in February 2017 by Revell - ref. 03933

Sources:

http://www.kitreviewsonline.de/revell-neuheiten-fuer-das-jahr-2017/

http://www.revell-news.de/display.php?M=166356&C=3f057b9cf49fc7b39cd8722d3dac6145&S=587&L=36&N=239

(...) Die schon von ICM bekannte Dornier Do 17 Z-10 wird ebenso wiederaufgelegt (...)

03933.jpg

Dornier Do17Z-10
Product Number: 03933 | Scale: 1:72

Availability: 02/2017

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

• 1 month later...

The RoG rebox of ICM's Gentlemen's Scale Do 17Z-10 night fighter has just hit the shops.

Decal options are for an allover black 1/NJG2 , R4+LK (one of the two options in the ICM kit) and a RLM70/71 splinter over 65 lower surfaces with factory codes, most likely a prototype.

At under €20,-, nice value for money!

Cheers,

Andre

22 minutes ago, Mikemx said:

The ICM kit is actually slightly cheaper and still readily available. All I'd like to know (and I've already begun a thread on) is which boxing has the best decals, ICM or Revell.

At my LHS the ICM was €27, the RoG being 7 cheaper.

Decalwise, it would depend on your definition of "best" - what are your criteria?

Chees,

Andre

In the UK the ICM boxing is a huge.... £1 less but every little helps!

In the past I've found Revell decals are prone to silvering even when you use gloss varnish and decal solutions. The only experience I've had of ICM decals, was a set that was badly out of register. So none silvery decals that are in register. Someone has already stated that Revell decals in newer kits are very good now.

thanks

Mike

Alright - I have the decal sheets of both boxings before me. 

The RLM70/71/65 RoG option is "PK+DH". Sheet states 'Printed in Italy', which is usually a good sign. Register looks OK to me, It has somewhat more stencilling than the ICM sheet, which is a bit more glossy than the RoG.ICM decal register looks also good. 

One difference between the two sheets is in the 1/NJG2 Nachtjagd badge - the RoG sheet has this with a Red surround, the ICM with a White. Since both sheets feature R4+LK, at least one appears to be wrong!

Cheers,

Andre