12. Rob G
  13. infofrog
  14. AndyC
  15. Nigel Heath
  16. S5 modeller
  17. Rodders154

Now its up for Mish to find a date for us

Edited by hgbn

Been away on business with just a not so good hotel internet connection and just my tablet. Got back last night, let me have breakfast and I'll have a look.

(I was joking. ;) ) You take as much time as you need - this is a hobby, involving sticking bits of plastic to another bit, in the attempt to convince ourselves that we are making something approaching art. There's no hurry.

• Like 1

Aaron (milktrip) has volunteered to be a co-host.

1. hgbn Host
  2. milktrip co-host
  3. heloman1
  4. Wafu
  5. mungo74
  6. depressed lemur
  7. somtec
  8. modelling minion
  9. Enzo Matrix
  10. snapper_city
  11. georgeusa
  12. Rob G
  13. infofrog
  14. AndyC
  15. Nigel Heath
  16. S5 modeller
  17. Rodders154
  18. SleeperService
Edited by hgbn
  • Like 1

I've got the basis of a mega build. A while back I purchased the Trumpeter LCM landing craft and converted it to an LCM6. This for those who don't know had a 6 foot plug welded in the centre and flotation boxes on the sides. They were used by the 'Brown Water Navy' as helo landing pads, some for refueling and some as first aid posts with a theater below the landing platform. It's a stalled build and sits on the shelf of doom. I could however be persuaded to resurrect it for this GB.

I'll find/take some progress pics if anyone is interested. The Huey is not started so the 25% rule does not apply, the LCM, I'll have to let you decide.

Colin, the over amitious...

• Like 2

I used parts from the pre-painted 'hobby boss' set for my italeri build. seat belts, Instrument panel etc all usable on the italeri kit. The CMK interior set is also quite good if you fancy it. I think its more for a 'nam huey but most of it can be used. You get a new roof part which has some nice details. I think the seats are the armour plated type. I used the italeri seats but modified them slightly to look like the civvy fabric types which I've seen on walkarounds; As a guess I would imagine the Japanese one you are doing would have a similar type of seat.

I struggled for the mask set too, but the clear parts are straight forward enough to mask. well I say that, but the tape is still on mine so not sure if its worked or not :whistle:

• Like 2

Me too. I would really like to build a UH-1B gunship in the early gloss high vis scheme. On the other hand I could build for an entire year and still be having Huey's in my stash.... Oh well plenty of time before I have to decide what to enter this STGB with.

• Like 2

I used parts from the pre-painted 'hobby boss' set for my Italeri build.

So you have already built a Huey - I need to pick your brains then. Expect some interrogation soon.

Masking shouldn't be a big or difficult task for someone with the skills both of you gentlemen possess :winkgrin:

No, 'supose not but I do like these handy help-outs.

• Like 1