Bell Huey family STGB chat

hgbn

7 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Just checked out the rest of the gallery pics,well done to everyone some superb builds presented surprised to see the Cobra

well outnumbering the ordinary Huey!

stands 10:6 end count if counted right :)

AH-1 10:6 UH-1

the Huey transport had a very strong lead, but maybe the relatively easy to build (new) Cobra kits turned the tide in the end ;)

I am also party guilty...but I sure I would not have finished the AB212 I had planned originally... but 2 Cobras worked (just) out :)

was great fun !

• Like 3

Thanks gents; I enjoyed my build very much although it wasn't the sort of thing I would usually do and would not have done so if it hadn't been for this GB :)

Cheers to everyone who took part, to our charming hosts and the mods for setting it all up :cheers:

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 4

Well I enjoyed my build, I would have done a UH-1 but that was what I built for the last Helo GB so I plumbed for a Cobra instead. I have to say I do really enjoy taking part in GB's, it's a side of the hobby I never really thought much about until I took part in my first but now I tend to find myself planning my builds around them rather than anything else! I really enjoy seeing other peoples builds progress and see how they handle issues, and who doesn't enjoy watching one of Nigey's builds progress!

• Like 5

Evening all,

Matt and I have been discussing the poll and wondering if we should split the vote between AH-1 and UH-1 aircraft i.e. 2 polls.  

What's the general feeling; would you prefer just one poll for all entries or two polls, one for AH-1 (cobras) and the other for UH-1 (iroquois)?

cheers

Aaron

• Like 1

thanks for the feedback guys.  The poll is now open (thanks Enzo).  As mentioned above it is split into two, UH-1 & AH-1.  I went through the gallery again and really struggling!!! Excellent models, so well done guys.

• Like 2

Hi guys,

After this great GB how about taking part in another helicopter based STGB?

I have proposed a CH-46 / KV-107 STGB for 2018 but we need backers. There are 8 of us signed up so far (including some from this GB) but we need more!!

There are some great schemes for this wonderful chopper so give it your support and we can build some more egg beaters in 2018.

Craig.

Hi Craig!

I fear that this GB is too narrow for my liking... i.e. too few possible users. USMC, Japan, Sweden ... did I forget anybody?

maybe chances get better if you manage to include Chinooks, or other double rotor designs as well... () I know, STGB rules. :(,

at least in 1/48 it would be quite a challenge to finish any of these!

just my thoughts of course!

all the best!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, exdraken said:

Hi Craig!

I fear that this GB is too narrow for my liking... i.e. too few possible users. USMC, Japan, Sweden ... did I forget anybody?

maybe chances get better if you manage to include Chinooks, or other double rotor designs as well... () I know, STGB rules. :(,

at least in 1/48 it would be quite a challenge to finish any of these!

just my thoughts of course!

all the best!

Too few users!!

Japan, all 3 branches of the defence forces.

Sweden, Air Force and Navy

America.

Saudi Arabia.

Canada.

Thailand.

Not to mention all the civilian ones, and the variety of schemes for the countries above.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Too few users!!

Japan, all 3 branches of the defence forces.

Sweden, Air Force and Navy

America.

Saudi Arabia.

Canada.

Thailand.

Not to mention all the civilian ones, and the variety of schemes for the countries above.

ok. I forgot some...

sorry ;)

Canada! :banghead:

but Saudi Arabia? never knew that!

will think about it.... and move my further comments to the dedicated thread :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies again for the lack of correspondence during the vote (away from the PC again).

Anyway, thank you all for casting your votes.  The poll is now closed.

Congratulations to Nigel Heath and Modelling Minion, but also well done to everyone that took part and also submitted in the gallery. 

UH-1

1st- Nigel Heath 

2nd- Abat

3rd- Colin W

AH-1

1st- Modelling Minion

2nd- exdraken

3rd- Stew Dapple & exdraken

• Like 4

On 14.12.2016 at 5:34 PM, modelling minion said:

Thanks Stew and Aaron, much appreciated.

There were some excellent builds in this GB and I am surprised (and pleased) to have come first so a big thank you to all those who voted for me.

Craig.

congrats to the winners!!

surprised? why?

I'd say your Cobra has definitely the most exciting camo-  and it is perfectly executed!!

:thumbsup:!

I'd be in for another Huey GB....... ;)

Edited by exdraken
  • Like 3