Bell Huey family STGB chat

hgbn

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Y'know, at one point I had 2 of Academy's 35th Cobras in the stash. Haven't got either of them now, they've been moved on during the various stash pogroms I've had.

Good thing that Special Hobby make nice AH-1Gs, I now have 2 of them, one for the Vietnam GB (hopefully...), one for this. Not quite as impressive maybe, but much more likely to get built.

Oh, and don't forget that this build is on soon, it'll come around faster than you think.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I'd love to enter this GB.

I have a Esci 1/72 Huey dating back many, many moons...

I built about 10% of the kit when I was still young! Is it eligible as an entry?

Cheers

JR

Change of plan for me. I'll do the Revell issue of the 212 ( the one in orange) but unlikely to be kit marking options. I'll skip on the 204 I have unless....

• 4 months later...

Hi all,

I was going to join with this stalled build if that's allowed under the 25% rule? I've done the following:

• 2 x front seats assembled and painted (but not in the cockpit)
  • 2 engine parts glued together and painted
  • rudder pedals glued in the cockpit

Cheers lads,

Dermot

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Having just loloked athe dates and if the 6th August my seventieth BD as a start date and 6 November as a finish date. I might be hard pressed on this STGB. I've a model car contest ( 20th anniversary do)(AC Ace conversion form a Cobra) to attend mid October and then the following week our National Championships to boot. Both nine hours drive away from home!!! I'm also away in the UK from late July until the end of August to celebrate sadi BD with my siblings.

I had fancied a 'Big Lifter', so lots of conversion work...

Colin

• 1 month later...

Hello folks,

Unfortunately Henrik (HGBN) has been absent from Britmodeller for sometime. In his absence I've offered to take on the role as host for the GB (hopefully no objections?)

Would anyone like to assist as a co-host?

Cheers

Aaron

• Like 3

Hope you can join us Charley; what better excuse than this GB :)

Hello folks

As Matt has said only 3 days to go, so let's get those Hueys ready. Matt (S5 modeller) and I (Aaron) will be your hosts; please be gentle with us as it's our first time hosting a group build :)

I was hoping to post the rules this evening but think that may have to wait until tomorrow (apologies for that). HGBN's original post pretty much explains it all though, so please have a look at the link he has supplied on page 1 if you are unsure on what is elegible.

Looking forward to seeing an array of Hueys.

Have fun folks!

Cheers

Aaron

We should get the ball rolling on this one shortly.

NOOOOOO! Not yet, there's so much else to finish!

Well chaps. Only 3 days to go.

Matt.

Utter nonsense, this one doesn't start until August 2016. Oh, wait... damn.

• Like 4

NOOOOOO! Not yet, there's so much else to finish!

Utter nonsense, this one doesn't start until August 2016. Oh, wait... damn.

Nice to see you're ready for this Rob, not caught you off guard, or owt.

Matt

Sorry to hear you may not be able to Join us, Rob. If I recall you where thinking of some civvie aircraft? I'm planning the same so would be great if you can join in. However, like you there's a lot going on so I completely understand.

All the best

Sorry to hear you may not be able to Join us, Rob. If I recall you where thinking of some civvie aircraft? I'm planning the same so would be great if you can join in. However, like you there's a lot going on so I completely understand.

All the best

As I recall, the civvie heliclopterer was going to be a Chinook for the Helicopter GB. This one was possibly going to be a pair of Special Hobby Cobras, or maybe a Huey from somewhere. Still, it ain't over 'till the fat lady sings, so never say never!