'Old tool' Airfix 1/48 Hurricane Mk.I

Airfix 'old tool' 1/48 Hurricane Mk.I. Very basic old kit, with muchos flash to remove on almost every part. Panel lines rescribed, and hairy sticked with Revell Aquacolours, apart from the white which is Halfords primer. Mig washes used for the panel lines. Finished off with a spray of Humbrol mattcote. Fun, but I think I'll hang on for the new Airfix tooling to arrive before I do another Mk.I (y)

SAM_9783_zpstemeqnzb.jpgSAM_9784_zpswz7no1bj.jpgSAM_9785_zpsuhmfdvav.jpgSAM_9786_zpswmc3an4h.jpgSAM_9789_zpsbreyynry.jpg

• Like 14

Very nice! I'm about to do some Romanian Bf-109s and an IAR-80 myself. This being in Romanian markings, is it pre-war, captured, or post-war? Never seen a Romanian Hurricane before. Looks great!

Very nice! I'm about to do some Romanian Bf-109s and an IAR-80 myself. This being in Romanian markings, is it pre-war, captured, or post-war? Never seen a Romanian Hurricane before. Looks great!

Romania ordered 50 Mk.I's in 1939. The markings on this one are for a plane flown by Captain av Emil Georgescu, Commander of Escdrila 53 vanatoare, Mamaia, in June of 1941 (y)

• Like 2

Romania ordered 50 Mk.I's in 1939. The markings on this one are for a plane flown by Captain av Emil Georgescu, Commander of Escdrila 53 vanatoare, Mamaia, in June of 1941 (y)

Good to know. Thank you!