1/48 - Sukhoi Su-11 "Fishpot-C" by Trumpeter - released - air intake & pitots by Mini World

Homebee

After the 1/48th Sukhoi Su-9 "Fishpot-B" - ref.02896 - and Su-9U "Maiden" - ref.02897 - (thread here: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234953191-148-sukhoi-su-9u-fishpot-bmaiden-su-11-fishpot-c-by-trumpeter-su-9-released/?hl=sukhoi), Trumpeter is to release a 1/48th Sukhoi Su-11 "Fishpot-C" - ref. 02898.

Source: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2804557302

009201e93901213fa28aaebb56e736d12e2e959a

The test shot is on display at the Nuremberg Toy Fair 2015

Source: http://www.primeportal.net/models/thomas_voigt9/trumpeter_hobby_boss/index.php?Page=2

trumpeter_hobby_boss_33_of_77.jpg

trumpeter_hobby_boss_35_of_77.jpg

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee

Who needs wing fences with those fuselage strakes?

None the less i find these flying stove pipes fascinating.

None the less i find these flying stove pipes fascinating.

These aren't fuselage strakes but wiring conduits (according to the Yefim Gordon's Sukhoi Interceptors book). The cross-sections look off (too high and perhaps too narrow).

http://walkarounds.scalemodels.ru/v/walkarounds/avia/after_1950/su-11/Su-11_Fishpot-C_0152.jpg.html

http://walkarounds.scalemodels.ru/v/walkarounds/avia/after_1950/su-11/Su-11_Fishpot-C_0092.jpg.html

http://walkarounds.scalemodels.ru/v/walkarounds/avia/after_1950/su-11/Su-11_Fishpot-C_0117.jpg.html

Thank you Wasan for producing "unbuyable" kits (too expensive and unresearched). This way I spend my money elsewhere :thumbsup:

Edited by Laurent

Well, hopefully that's the extent of the errors. Be good to see more and better quality sprue shots.I think their Su-9 is being released February, so should be interesting to get a better look at that kit in the flesh so to speak to get a true idea of the quality of this Trumpeter series.

The fuselage wiring conduits on the Su-11 certainly do look far too high/narrow from the pics tho....

Edited by azzaob

Scene: Wasan design department in Macau. In Mandarin.

Designer A: Hi colleague ! Oh I see that you have the latest FNF tablet. Cool ! Look, I'm on the SU11 project. Now there are long things on the fuselage. How are they supposed to look like ?

Designer B: Dunno. Perhaps you could ask someone on the internet who knows...

Designer A & B: ... BWAAAHAAHAAHAHAH...

Designer A: No, seriously.

Designer B: Well they probably are like the things you can see on top of the wings of old Russian jets but on the fuselage instead

Designer A: Ah ok but look (shows a photo of a Su-11 fuselage wire conduit), doesn't it look thicker ?

Designer B: You can do the things thicker right ?

Designer A: Right. Ok gotta go back to work. See yah !

And this is how Trumpeter put fences on the Su-11 fuselage instead of cable conduits :guitar:

So, since Su-9 is about to hit the market and Su-11 is on the way, what are the chances of having the Su-7 released? Should i consider selling my Eduard's Su-7 with plenty of rare aftermarket and custom markings? Seriously.

So, since Su-9 is about to hit the market and Su-11 is on the way, what are the chances of having the Su-7 released? Should i consider selling my Eduard's Su-7 with plenty of rare aftermarket and custom markings? Seriously.

Different forward fuselage and different wings to start with so not much commonality but it would be nice to have a new Su-7, would just prefer it wasn't from Trumpeter.

Andy

Different forward fuselage and different wings to start with so not much commonality but it would be nice to have a new Su-7, would just prefer it wasn't from Trumpeter.

Andy

It still would be better than ancient KP kit repacked by Eduard. :deadhorse:

These aren't fuselage strakes but wiring conduits

Inorite? :banghead:

I think I have some ducts left from the OEZ kit or, failing that, half-round Plastruct. It's always a surprise with Trumpeter; they can either get everything right, make a trivial mistake, or turn the undersized canine all the way clockwise.

Edited by Bonehammer

Looks good so far, one of my favourite Soviet jets. This and the Su-9U Maiden are high on my wants list this year......just need a 1/48th YAK-28PP and TU-128 now and everything will be peachy in the world !

Yak-28PP would be super dooper! Quite like the look of this Su-11 too... just hope they hurry up with the -22! :D

Looks good so far, one of my favourite Soviet jets. This and the Su-9U Maiden are high on my wants list this year......just need a 1/48th YAK-28PP and TU-128 now and everything will be peachy in the world !

Be a nice start if Amodel would re-release their Firebar, don't know why they haven't recently as they have with a few re-issues of other of similar kits. A new Blinder from someone would be a great next step also.

Be a nice start if Amodel would re-release their Firebar, don't know why they haven't recently as they have with a few re-issues of other of similar kits. A new Blinder from someone would be a great next step also.

Wrong scale though. :)

Just screaming for a heavily weathered Alclad attack.....

Flat aluminium......

day4_062.JPG

day4_063.JPG

Ken

PS - I know it's not a Su-11 and the paint probably isn't to original spec - but you get the idea....

Edited by Flankerman
  • Like 1

Let hell break loose!!! :yahoo: I will gladly take any of the "unbuildable", "unbuyable" SU-9/11 kits that the Cyber warriors reject!!

Allan

Ha ha, I agree to an extent too.... but genuinely hope it is a goodie - the odd wrong panel line isn't going to put me off and cannot think that the basic shape of the Su-7/9/11 series is that difficult to produce.

- I would add YAK 25 Flashlight Herr General,

IMG_7684.jpg

IMG_7695.jpg

- For the Fishpots, its over for me....

• Like 2