1/32 - Dassault Mirage IIIC by Italeri - released - Mirage IIIB conversion set by Scaleworx

Homebee

Unlike some of the others discussing the kit here , I actually have one , and I'm actually working on it , Overprices, well perhaps £90 in the UK is a little off, I bought mine from Italeri direct , and paid the Euro price for it , plus shipping , as fro value for money , Its really a pretty good kit, panel lines seem to be lot better than those in the 104 kit, excellent choice of relevant weapons, Excellent decal set 6 options , in a 32nd kit, not to be sneezed at .

The cockpit is a little sparse , but since the real thing is Black there's not a lot to work with , the IP needs a little help, blank faces, no decal option in the kit, sounds for a job for Aeroscale instruments , and they worked perfectly

Overall , very happy with the model indeed, 32nd is never going to be a cheap option ,but its my preferred scale, and this is an excellent example of modern tooling producing a model of a subject that's been seriously short changed over the years ,

bring on the E, and then Kifirs!!

Good to hear this looks better than their recent Starfighter. IMHO the 104 was overpriced, and I'm not one who complains about the cost of kits. It was overpriced because Italeri was asking the kind of money that can buy a quality product while in my view that kit was not such a product.

From what you say hear it seems to me that this time Italeri did a much better job. I can only hope they keep improving, as lately most of their kits have been disappointing one way or the other.

Fingers crossed for a nice E !!!!

overpriced in my book, for £90 can get you top quality kit from tamiya like their corsair or spitfires.

I think this will be a little like their F-104, but can always hope to pick it up cheaper when some of the stops start reducing the price.

Daft thing to say really because we're talking about a Mirage 111 kit not a Corsair or spitfire. If you were in the market for any 1/32 aircraft or specifically a Corsair or Spitfire then that could be a a valid point, but since this is a thread about a 1/32 Mirage then why mention those Tamiya kits?

Compare it to the current existing kit of a 1/32 Mirage 111C... Oh yeah, there isn't one! Should we overlook all its faults/costs just because it's the only one on the market? Absolutely not, but don't compare it to completely different aircraft/kits.

Well, order placed via E-Bay.de at £62.64 and estimated delivery on Thursday. The seller has also confirmed despatched today so lets see what DHL can do! £63 feels a lot better than £82 (Hannants at SMW) so I'm sure I'll find something useful to do with my 'free' £19 !!

Simon

• Like 1

Hi

Just a heads up ref this kit and the markings in version B in the kit the main thing is SPA 93 insig is missing this should be on the left side of the tail and not SPA 84 insig again as on the right side very few French Air force EC's had the same SPA markings on both sides SPA 93 Insig not even on the sheet. The other thing this a/c did not get painted Blue till early 1981 when it came back to EC 01/010 ( not EC10-1 as they have it ) from service at AIA 584 in Feb 81 It was on EC 01/010 in 1977 as 10-SD but in Nat -Met finish.

I do not know why they have this wrong as I can find this information out in a few mins and its not that they have not done Mirages before in French markings.

I think Berna has done a new sheet for this kit.

It will be a long time before I get one of these as the cost is to much for me I have a £20.00 limit on kits so it has a long way to go be fore I get one.

There are a few other things I have seen from the photos which will need sorting but nothing out of this world and as said its way better than the Revell one, so just build it and enjoy it if you wish.

Paul

Hi Romain
Thanks for that, I knew Berna had done the sheet but did not know the number, spoke to him at Hyeres show.
I hope they do a update sheet for the kit or other distributors do the same as the French one.

Paul

Well mine arrived today from Germany after ordering it at lunchtime n Monday. That is tremendous service. Had a look at lunchtime. Looks lovely. Could just do with someone producing a resin jet pipe and compressor face so you could have the Atar on its trolley! The parts breakdown makes it clear that a IIIe will bde along soon.

Simon

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/32 - Dassault Mirage IIIC by Italeri - released - Mirage IIIB conversion set by Scaleworx

Scaleworx - ref. SW32-10 - Dassault Mirage IIIB conversion set for the Italeri Mirage IIIC kit

Source: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?vanity=scaleworx&set=a.1602030779996257

Available here: https://www.facebook.com/commerce/products/sw32-10-mirage-iiib-conversion-set/3254435681347342/

271735924-1778843045648362-4148926801167

271815516-1778842995648367-8677839528749

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1