1/32 - Dassault Mirage IIIC by Italeri - released - Mirage IIIB conversion set by Scaleworx

Homebee

Still IIIE FLG, wrong missile rails for Magic missiles (but it's just an optional payload of course), not too great seat, rocket booster in all marking option profiles but still shapes and marking options look good. If the engineering is good, it's going to be a nice model kit.

• Like 1

However good , or bad this kit maybe as regards accuracy , its still a LOT more attractive a proposition that the 40 year old Revell antique tarted up with some massively overpriced resin bits .. so bring it on , I see at least one IAF Mirage to begin with in my future..

Hopefully Kinetic will carry on with thei IIIE, and maybe a Kifir or two in due course!

• Like 1

However good , or bad this kit maybe as regards accuracy , its still a LOT more attractive a proposition that the 40 year old Revell antique tarted up with some massively overpriced resin bits .. so bring it on , I see at least one IAF Mirage to begin with in my future..

The Italeri kit is a IIIC while the Revell is a IIIE & later so one doesn't replace the other but the MLG wheel halves suggest that Italeri won't only do a IIIC.

Edited by Laurent

• 2 weeks later...

So for around £58 (from 80 euros) you are getting what looks like a hell of a lot of kit!! Never felt the need for a separate engine on a stand but even the stand looks well detailed! This kit could be very hard to avoid!!!!

Simon

• 2 weeks later...

Got one on the way. This killed my feeble attempt to make one from the old Revell kit. Typically I had acquired some resin bits to improve the cockpit and some other stuff and Paul Parkes had done me some very nice decals. I had just done the first cut on the fuselage when along comes the announcement..... :confused: Oh well just think of all the angst saved. Chewed up Revell kit anyone?

overpriced in my book, for £90 can get you top quality kit from tamiya like their corsair or spitfires.

I think this will be a little like their F-104, but can always hope to pick it up cheaper when some of the stops start reducing the price.

• Like 1

overpriced in my book, for £90 can get you top quality kit from tamiya like their corsair or spitfires.

Agree. Definitely over priced. I would not pay that even for Tamiya.94 Euros (£68) direct from Italeri on line shop with free postage. That is a bit better but still on the high side. Think I'll wait a bit for the price to reduce further

Allan

Edited by Albeback52

Here we go again, the BM 'that's over priced brigade' two choices, you buy it or you don't buy it.Why are some people so obsessed about crying that's over priced when any kit gets released,it's not as if the manufacture takes a blind bit of notice.

Unlike some of the others discussing the kit here , I actually have one , and I'm actually working on it , Overprices, well perhaps £90 in the UK is a little off, I bought mine from Italeri direct , and paid the Euro price for it , plus shipping , as fro value for money , Its really a pretty good kit, panel lines seem to be lot better than those in the 104 kit, excellent choice of relevant weapons, Excellent decal set 6 options , in a 32nd kit, not to be sneezed at .

The cockpit is a little sparse , but since the real thing is Black there's not a lot to work with , the IP needs a little help, blank faces, no decal option in the kit, sounds for a job for Aeroscale instruments , and they worked perfectly

Overall , very happy with the model indeed, 32nd is never going to be a cheap option ,but its my preferred scale, and this is an excellent example of modern tooling producing a model of a subject that's been seriously short changed over the years ,

bring on the E, and then Kifirs!!

• Like 1