1/32 - Dassault Mirage IIIC by Italeri - released - Mirage IIIB conversion set by Scaleworx

Homebee

The French used 3 schemes Nat - Met, Mirage Blue & Sand -Cream - Grey the same colour Scheme on the box top which is a French Aircraft not a IDF Aircraft.

I like the Nat met ones the best.

Paul

The C was made more famous by the Israeli Air Force. They used the C variant with great success in two wars.

I suspect that this aspect of IIIC usage might be what makes a 1/32 IIIC kit a reasonable seller in the US market- hence Italeri's decision/gamble??? to go with it.

I'd imagine that the ability to model all the IDF ace versions might make it attractive to that market, which from what I have seen has a healthy interest in 1/32 jets? Just MHO.

A Mirarge III in 1/32 is very welcome After their F-104 effort however in this scale which was "so-so" at best and massively overpriced, I will want to look at one of these before I splash out again unseen.

Just wish it had been Academy that did it to the same standard as their F-18 series!

Gary

You & me both! I personally prefer the IIIC to the IIIE so this is very welcome. Just hope the price is right though. I agree the 104 was seriously over priced.

Allan

Hi,

One of the few jets that interest me, i have been after a 1:32 falklands mirage for yonks, cant get a cheap revell for conversion, so it looks like i be spending on one of these, even if it turns out it is a release of the old revell kit.

the first revell was i believe a IIIC before being re released as an E and the 5.

cheers

Jerry

Edited by brewerjerry

Hi Jerry. For a Falklands War/Guerra de las Malvinas Mirage don't forget this one: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234975663-132-dassault-mirage-iiieo-by-kinetic-release-in-2015/

V.P.

Hi

Awesome i missed this announcement, many thanks

jerry

On the subject of the Mirage IIIC, lets not forget that the South African Air Force also operated the IIIC and flew it in combat in the 1970's and 80's wearing at least three basic cammo schemes.

Natural metal, deep buff/olive drab and finally air superiority grey and a number of special schemes.

• 3 months later...

Just watching some high bidding on E-resin after-market parts to improve the old Revell 1/32 mirage and wondering in the bidders have seen this one coming and the Kinetic 111E? Maybe someone should tell them???

re my post above - it looks like the same chap just spent over £175 on a nose cone, set of intakes, supersonic wing tanks and drooped actuators. that's a pile of dosh given the new models hopefully coming along within 12 months

re my post above - it looks like the same chap just spent over £175 on a nose cone, set of intakes, supersonic wing tanks and drooped actuators. that's a pile of dosh given the new models hopefully coming along within 12 months

The bidders may not know but I'd say the seller most likely does.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Source: http://italeri.com/news_scheda.asp?idNews=597

Published in: Previews - 14 August 2015

MIRAGE III C 1/32 SCALE - COMING SOON

Dear Friends,

we are proud to show you a very interesting preview of a new incoming release: the French single-seat fighter Mirage III C 1/32 scale. We would like to show you some 3D pictures we used during our development stage of the new incoming scale model.

Historical Profile

The Dassault Mirage III is a reference point of the French aircraft production. It has been produced from the early sixties to provide to Armée de l’Air, the French Air Force, a reliable and effective fighter aircraft. The Mirage III rapidly became a commercial success and it was widely exported to several Countries taking part to a lot of conflicts between the seventies and the eighties. Characterised by the delta wing design without horizontal tail plane, thanks to its Snecma Atar afterburning turbojet, it was able to exceed the speed of Mach 2. The Mirage IIIC, in particular, was the single-seat interceptor versions, and it has been configured to perform air-superiority tasks. It was armed with two 30 mm DEFA cannons, under the cabin, and with store pylons able to carry IR air-to-air missiles, as AIM-9 Sidewinder or Matra Magic, and Radar Guided Missiles.

2505_1.JPG

2505_2.JPG

2505_4.JPG

2505_3.JPG

2505_5.JPG

2505_ww.jpg

V.P.

Just when did the Swiss used the Mirage IIIC?

I think they initially evaluated the Mirage IIIC before coming down in favour of their IIIE derived version. There are certainly photos of IIIC's in Swiss markings so it's a legitimate scheme.

Wez

• 4 weeks later...