1-35th SKP Cromwell MK VI CS

MADMUSKY

That's looking very impressive Darren. The tracks look excellent. In fact it all looks excellent.

Shame about the house move but I can certainly understand why!! Hope you manage to find the time to get this finished.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Hi folks

A cheeky wee holiday today, my sons 11th birthday today.

Its been one of those bad modelling days, firstly i poured a whole bottle of thin superglue over my table and cutting mat thinking it was my thick glue (reminder to self to check labels before) cleaned that up but my hands were covered in dry superglue. Cleaning all the mess up i thought time to give the Cromwell a coat of paint, but my airbrush starts playing up splattering coughing paint all over the place, so it was stripped and cleaned, finally after a good deep clean i got a coat onto the cromwell.

The resulting green coat

WP_20150323_001_zpssde1jiaa.jpg

WP_20150323_002_zpsauslzepv.jpg

Put it all away to harden, hopefully the next session will go easier.

Cheers

Darren

great work on those tracks.... that's the part I hated on my A13 (don't mind Dragon magic tracks but....)

Yep they drove me mad

Darren

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks

Just to a quick update, not had much time due to starting to pack up for the house move at the end of the month. I've airbrushed some lighter green in the middle of the panels and darker green in the nooks and crannies, decals on, given a couple of washes of black and some earth colours. Still to paint and weather the sandbags,weather the lower hull add the wheels and track and tie it all in. Still struggling with figures so might just do a commander, not sure yet.

pics taken from my phone in natural light

WP_20150402_001_zpsjchllw1a.jpg

WP_20150402_002_zpss2nuwf2w.jpg

looks a bit stark until its given a matt coat, hoping to get some more done this weekend.

Darren

• Like 1

A bit of a disaster today, put on the road wheels and was attaching the track but it broke and not just in one place but several, this happened on both sides, i think the washes have attacked the glue. Not too much to worry about, i'm going to use Tamiya's rubber band type that i have spare, a coat of paint and weathered and they can be tied in with the rest of the kit.

WP_20150406_002_zpsfgsokuqf.jpg

the sandbags have been given a base coat of paint.

Darren

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks

Sorry no updates for a while, moving house soon is really hampering me from getting much done.Since the last update i found the Tamiya tracks, but the bad news was one track broken in 3 and the other track folded over itself twice. Straightening one with hot water and getting out the housewife (Army lingo for a sewing kit) carefully sewn the other together, painted and added and the top track glue down for the sag.(Not best but looks ok)

Excuse the pics they were taken from my phone on a moving box in the bedroom.

added the commanders hatch which was painted at the same time but unweathered yet, the difference is really stark picture doesn't really show that.

WP_20150417_001_zpsqoupea5i.jpg

WP_20150417_002_zpsy5bcq2oc.jpg

WP_20150417_003_zpst0vev0wy.jpg

i do get time now and then but not enough to get done what i want to do!!!!

Cheers

Darren

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not Finishing on time

Wife said im good at following instructions so she gave me some.......DIY..paint this, paint that, paper this, do this, do that, so this wont be finished for a wee while yet, so if a Mod can move this to WIP in Armour, i will continue when i get a chance.

Darren