Jump to content

1/35 Tamiya Cromwell Mk IV - FINISHED -


Recommended Posts

Hi chaps,

Here's my first entry for this GB. If all goes well, I'll start on the Jagdpanther later on.

So here is the box shot;

IMG_8633_zpsvibn5qwj.jpg

The sprues etc, not sure which one I'll do but it will definitely be green;

IMG_8634_zpsxdg1laqr.jpg

All the best, should be some cracking builds in this GB.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That looks like it should be a cracking kit. Looking forward to seeing this progress. I've just enjoyed building a Cromwell in 1/72 and did wonder what the larger versions were like to make - so excellent timing!

Kind regards,

Stix

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Went to Villers Bocage a few years ago while me and the Mrs were doing a Normandy/Battlefields holiday. Thought there might be some sort of memorial to what happened there, but there wasn't. The locals got quite uppity when I asked them if there was one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Andy, yes I'm really looking forward to starting it tomorrow, I'm at work this weekend so having to wait to get going on it.

Going to try and make it quite battle weary, some dented/missing mudguards, plenty of dirt and dust etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Forgotten how these kits fly together, made the chassis up to stage 5, stage 6 is fixing the hull top to the hull which I'm leaving unattached until I can get some paint on the wheel assembly.

IMG_8670_zpsiicycaet.jpg

IMG_8671_zpsbhdpxslu.jpg

More soon...

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Right, finished the Kittyhawk for the P40 GB so it's full steam ahead with this one...then on to the Sci Fi GB. If I can keep up I want to either do the Italeri Jagdpanther or maybe an old original Tamiya Matilda which I found in 'The Deep Stash'.

Anyhoo, got nearly all the bits and bobs attached, so on with some painting;

Something I did with the frontal machine gun was to remove the small nipple that locates into a divot in the frontal armour, which presumably is there to stop the gun rotating in the housing. But on the original tank, the gun could rotate to some degree, and I wanted to pose it with the gun at a rakish angle when done as per some wartime photos I've seen, so the nipple was snipped off;

IMG_8698_zps1eyxvwqu.jpg

IMG_8699_zpsjufkkmyd.jpg

Tracks are painted, drybrushed and spot glued onto the wheels where they should touch;

IMG_8703_zpsdieoobz1.jpg

IMG_8704_zps1oktxelp.jpg

IMG_8705_zpspi7uv40j.jpg

Turret pretty much done, will do the commanders hatch when he's done and test fitted;

IMG_8707_zpss7dqbeac.jpg

IMG_8708_zps3kappzgb.jpg

More later...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got a coat of Klear on ready for the transfers;

IMG_8712_zps5fmx2hwp.jpg

IMG_8714_zpsojn2agot.jpg

Then a brief transfer session, not very many on this model;

IMG_8715_zpsjy7pklx4.jpg

Don't know what the commander looks so cheerful about, all those Tigers and Panthers around.

Was hoping to finish it up today, but looks like it'll be Monday now, have to spend a few hours messing the bejeezus out of it!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks a really good clean build but there is a minor 'something' you may wish to address - it's a simple one too.

British Cruiser Tanks top run of track only rested on the middle 3 road wheels and for you, that will ease some of the obvious track tension evident.

It can however be deceptive when viewing pictures but the No.1 & No.5 wheels always have a slight gap between wheel & track.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did wonder about that, the main reason I fixed the track to 1 and 5 was because the tracks were badly twisted in the box. If I fix them to 2 and 4 the tracks distort.

Thanks for the input though. :thumbsup2:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...