Westland Sea King Mk 2 Pinger to Baggie convert.

Ok, three days in and a sizable chunk done. I'm loving the fact I don't have to do past the cockpit, note to self "do this more often"

Anyway, started with the cockpit and sub-assemblies

IMG_0128.jpg

Dry fit next to get going....

IMG_0127.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

And the last one.....

IMG_0142.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Cheers the Woo.

• Like 8

No pics but the airframe is ready all bar the tail fold detailing. Out shopping tomorrow for metal rod so that'll slow me down plus the fact Cornwall is bloody freezing so the workshop is out of bounds for spraying😟😟😟

Hmmm, might just crack open a Revell SH3 in 1/48???

Yoy planning on having the doors open ? ..asking cos I want to do likewise but slightly nervous of ruining my 1:48 expensive kit :)

You can do it but I admit when I've done it it's been very shallow cuts over and over. Cut to the extremity of the door and in-fill the airframe with plastic strip filled then sanded. Have you found any metal tape yet?

Wow - the speed of your build is quite amazing. I just glued one window in place so far :whistle:

Rene

Half way through my two weeks off, no kids or wife during the school hours so jobs comin on at great speed

plus the fact Cornwall is bloody freezing so the workshop is out of bounds for spraying

I know the feeling, it's minus 5 here at the moment, and that is inside my spray booth! I dont think ill be able to do any decent spraying until near the end of March!

OK 48 hours have passed and I am fighting with the blade fold gear but I think I've turned a corner and the airframe is ready for paint, smiles all round.

More to follow after the weekend as I'm out all day tomorrow and then have family stuff.

IMG_1641.jpg

Really enjoying the builds going on, lots of great ideas.

Cheers the Woo

• Like 3

Can anyone help????

This is the a/c I am looking to build...........http://www.airliners.net/photo/UK---Navy/Westland-WS-61-Sea/2114806/M/

The only thing is I need to buy some aftermarket black markings, but what size to buy?

It's looking like I will need two two colour roundles as well. How do I size the code numbers and letters for the reg? By my reckoning I need three diferances sizes, one size for the main numbers, one size for the nose numbers and a small size for the markings of the reg on the tail boom.

I know what sizes on the actual model but the decal manufactures like xtradecal and fantasy printshop all give decals in 1/48 and 1/72 aircraft sizes, how do I calculate what to order?

Any help would be great before I order?

Cheers the Woo.

I'm no expert, so I'm quite possibly wrong.

However, if you know the size of the numbers on the real a/c, then I think? It should only be a matter of dividing that number by 48, or 72.

By te same token, if you know how big the lettering Newds to be on the model, shouldn't it be a matter of multiplying that number by 48 or by 72?

Just a Theory. If anybody know better, please correct me.

K

Maybe not. I'm sure I have that boxing. I might have used some decals (stencils etc) but I can see what is left. I'll get a pic up soon. I have a list of decal pics I need to do: Henrik knows all about this ;)

• Like 1