Westland Sea King Mk 2 Pinger to Baggie convert.

• 4 weeks later...

Really sorry guys but all modelling stopped ten days ago with the refurbishment of my bathroom. Last room in the house to do so the sense of fulfilment is pushing me on and the fact my wife and kids have made "comments" to the effect of me always working on the house.

Anyway work on this and my Bagger will resume v/soon. I have a GPMG thanks to Breaker and the photos to build a chaff and flare thanks to a Windy and Colin. Best I get on with it then.

Cheers the woo.

This is the second time I've done this cos my stupid computer crashed.

Anyway, after two days of paint and decals this is my first offering in the Build. The paint went well and by last night I was pleased as I left the workshop but by this afternoon I was cursing the different decals I had used. They did everything you don't want decals to do, silvered, split, cracked and just didn't settle.

Sorry about the quality of the photographs but the Ipad isn't up to much.

Next thing after my return home is the Lego staging to support the 1,2 and 5 main rotor blades while I workout the Blade Folding kit.

More fun to follow.

849%202.jpg

849%203.jpg

849%201.jpg

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Back again, I'm desperate to get this finished before Monday night so I've had a mad evening bringing things together.

After making a Lego jig for the main blades the Forth Road Bridge is added.

IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0176.jpg

Onward, Weathering added, the main and tail blades painted and added. the F.R. gear in colour but not in its final glory. Bag added as well as the barn door FOD Guard.

IMG_0187.jpg

IMG_0188.jpg

So the final push is close. In the words of Arnie " I'll be back"

• Like 2

Finished.........YIPEEEEEEE

Done as much as I can. the photos have been taken as the microsol drys..

Still cursing the decals silvering...

IMG_0193.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

IMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0196.jpg

IMG_0189.jpg

Hope you like it, the old Mk2 Pinger from 706 Squadron taken and given a new paint job, re-roled and sent back into the fleet.

I first came across this aircraft on the Invincible in 1985 and couldn't get my head round the plastic bag strapped to the side of this Sea King.

• Like 3