Cheers guys,

I have been waiting for a bit of kit that's was integral to my first choice of diorama base and its

Out of stock in all of the usual places, so Plan B kicked in. Hopefully it will come back in stock soon so it will be used

For the Sultan build. I'll not say what it is just yet :-)

Dan

Cheers guys,

I have been waiting for a bit of kit that's was integral to my first choice of diorama base and its

Out of stock in all of the usual places, so Plan B kicked in. Hopefully it will come back in stock soon so it will be used

For the Sultan build. I'll not say what it is just yet :-)

Dan

Hmmmm mysterious :ninja:

• Like 1

Going for the MKII tree, wasn't completely happy with the first tree

so as with the first one I made I've used a bit of heather from the garden

and sea foam branches, sprayed with Red brown Tamiya paint. next the foliage.

CIMG5117_zpstfmiikxx.jpg

CIMG5118_zpssfzwykzz.jpg

CIMG5119_zpsiiop6oye.jpg

CIMG5120_zpsoreqgjur.jpg

CIMG5121_zpsjflvxwmo.jpg

CIMG5122_zpsl1tca1fy.jpg

CIMG5123_zpsahdlpg7t.jpg

Cheers

Dan

Yes, version 1 was good but version 2 is an improvement as its extra height gives more balance to the scene; out of interest how did you do the make the clumps of red and yellow flowers?

Yes, version 1 was good but version 2 is an improvement as its extra height gives more balance to the scene; out of interest how did you do the make the clumps of red and yellow flowers?

Hi Richard,

I used my static grass machine to make the clumps of grass which I've shown on my builds in the past,

Noch sells coloured flocking for us in HO railway dioramas and I used this to make the flowers after the grass clumps have dried, just hit

them with some hairspray and dip them in to the flocking.

Dan

Sea foam looks great - I actually prefer it without foliage to show a winter tree, but its better than the first version. Trees are so complicated!!!

Great build, I've dipped in and out of the thread but only just commented, especially good work on the base, I'm determined to give trees a go at some point but they look difficult to get looking realistic, but you've managed it!

Thank you chaps for the kind words and all the likes that I have had over the course of the build

I think that over the next few days I'll be posting up some pictures in RFI.

Dan

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
On 2/7/2015 at 2:31 AM, Dads203 said:

Soldering just makes it that much more stronger, ideal for this type of part.

The soldering on the seams looks great. I have a soldering iron, but never used one before. Is it easy?

Thanks in advance, I have some F-18F seats in PE, very complex looking, especially since I never used PE before. Looking around, I have already decided to get a PE bender before I even try to build the seats, no reason to trash them as an inexperienced modeller using the wrong tools for the job, they weren't cheap when shipping costs were added to the Philippines.

• Thanks 1