Airfix Tomahawk in Russian colours.

Hi all,first for the year,part of a four plane build over on the P40 STGB,this one is the first completed a soviet machine based near Moscow in

the winter of 1941,trials and tribulations here.http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234973974-airfix-tomahawkx4-raf-soviet-and-flying-tigers/

SDC12697640x480_zpsba37410a.jpgSDC12700640x480_zps1e05d2c7.jpgSDC12701640x480_zps49c4e5ab.jpgSDC12703640x480_zpseaec2b9f.jpgSDC12718640x480_zpsa5629e32.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 14

Absolutely my favorite of your multiple build, great weathering :goodjob:

PS: you forgot to put the actual link to the WIP

Ciao

Thanks Giemme,linky problem sorted and thanks for supporting the build!

Ciao.

• Like 1

Nice one Steve,

I usually find Russian arctic schemes a bit boring but you`ve done a great job on this little Tomahawk, the weathing is great,

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments guys,I forgot to mention I had three attempts at rigging the distinctive wing to tail wires seen on the P40 so in the end gave up and for

now are leaving them off until I find a better solution than my usual stretch sprue,and thanks Aldi for three of them at £2:49 each!

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments guys,I forgot to mention I had three attempts at rigging the distinctive wing to tail wires seen on the P40 so in the end gave up and for

now are leaving them off until I find a better solution than my usual stretch sprue,

Hi Steve, have you ever tried using hair for rigging? I normally use one of my daughter's hair to do the job. I soak it in water and use CA (very sparingly) to glue it on, which by the way dries very quick on it. Once the hair has dried, it will tighten up and keep in tension (hope it makes sense). If you look at the RE2002 in my signature you can see it (it took me two attempts, in that case, because the first time I didn't soak it properly)

HTH

Ciao

• Like 1

now are leaving them off until I find a better solution than my usual stretch sprue,and thanks Aldi for three of them at £2:49 each!

For rigging i got me the very fine EZline, worked really good on my submarine