WIP - Zoukei Mura He 219

jimmydel

Gentlemen. If you'll allow I'd like to share my current WIP with you.

I've decided to start 2015 with a build that's a bit more ambitious than I'm used to. I was getting to the point where I felt like I needed to try a ZM kit. I thought for sure it was going to be the Horten, but a lot of WIPs of those have popped up around the web. On top of that, I had wanted to do the Revell Uhu last year, but opted for something else. Anyway, I wound up with this kit after the holidays, so here I am.

This is a massive undertaking, and it would be easy for my obsessiveness and ADD to make things messy, so my approach will be to address each portion of the instructions as a kit of it's own. So updates will be a major milestones in that vain.

First the engines. I won't really detail the process of finishing and weathering, but any questions anyone may have will be answered.

DSC_0040_zpsmtzt4i3w.jpg

DSC_0041_zpsi1yleb91.jpg

DSC_0042_zpshguet2wj.jpg

DSC_0043_zps0ukj9v43.jpg

DSC_0057-Edit_zpspblsqudd.jpg

I still need to get a clear coat on these and add some washes, filters, etc. So these aren't complete, but close.

• Like 6

Stunning paintwork and the engines look superb. What references are you using? I've never seen the red/blue pipework before. Is that specific to the He 219)

Thanks everyone!

Stunning paintwork and the engines look superb. What references are you using? I've never seen the red/blue pipework before. Is that specific to the He 219)

I'm just following the ZM instructions on that....along with a couple of builds I've found. I'm not really a "reference" guy. :)

• 1 month later...

Ok, everyone. I completely forgot I started this WIP here. :( Sorry...it's a lot to keep up with multiple forums, Facebook, etc, and find time to actually work on these things.

I finished the engines up. They are weathered with products from Ammo by Mig (again I love that stuff beyond belief).
Uhu_Engine02_zpsdy5igxaw.jpg

Uhu_Engine03_zpso8wcg2gz.jpg

After those were done work moved to the cockpit. Ammo Airfield Dust set used here. Some Eduard belts, but the rest is OOB.

Completed_Interior_01_zps8qbb17m6.jpg

Completed_Interior_03_zpsftxmeck8.jpg

Then moved on to aft fuselage assemblies. I get asked sometimes "why waste time if it won't be seen?" Well, it's not a waste of time for me. I paid for the kit, so I don't mind getting the extra mileage out of doing these parts up. Also, I'll always have the photos as proof it's there. :D

LowerFuse02_zpsjheeu0bc.jpg

Fuselage02_zpswmr71fby.jpg

Fuselage01_zps6idrdalk.jpg

Thanks for checking in.

• Like 8

• 2 months later...

Im watching this build.What have you use on engine weathering?When I see jumo like new I realy scary but I go down on page and see it after weathering look fantastic.

Edited by Reserve_22