FYR: 1/72 Soko G-4 Super Galeb

My entry will be a Soko G-4 Super Galeb from the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia (1992-2003) formed by Serbia and Montenegro.

The kit comes from YuMo

G-4_a1.jpg

and I'll be using one of the kit options for "Jugoslovensko Ratno Vazduhoplovstvo"

G-4_a2.jpg

• Like 6

YuMo are a new brand to me so will be watching this one with interest. Decal sheet looks comprehensive but I see there's a hint of flash on some of the kit parts.

Thank you all!

A bit of flash, yes and the sprues look like something made by Toko or A Model.

I spent some hours today with the cockpit and the two MB Mk.10s.

G-4_a3.jpg

I've had this kit 10 years in my stash and I can confirm that the decals still are excellent.
I see here that I've missed touch up a bit next to the seats there.
User error because I set the decals a bit to far back and had to remove the last section

G-4_a4.jpg

• Like 3

They would never admit it, but 'Yugos' had something like 'strong memory-style relations' to the RAF, and were actually quite proud of that herritage. Comes from the fact that half of what became the 'Jugoslovensko Ratno Vazduhoplovstvo' (YAF) was created with help of the RAF, in North Africa and Italy, in 1943-1944.

Plus:

- engines used on their domestically developed jets (Galebs, Jastrebs, Oraos) were all of British design, although not necessarily 'British-manufactured',

- designs of the Orao and the G-4 (topic of this thread) were surely 'strongly influenced' by those of the Jag and the Hawk, respectivelly,

- and finally: the JRV used RAF-style (i.e. BS381C) colours on all of its fighter-bombers and light strikers.

Edited by Tom Cooper

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a slow, occasional builder but at least I've got the cockpit in the fuselage and dry-fitted the wing.

I like the design. A good-looking aircraft and you're right about the influences of the Hawk, Tom.

G-4_a5.jpg

• Like 5