Scratch built race car!

Secret

Hey lads!

I'm sure we all dream of that day owning or building a race car, and I myself dream of that most days, and when you don't have the funds to do so, what do you do?

Well, I decided today that I should start scratch building my own (Not sure what car yet) from pretty much everything that is scrap in my shed, 1/24th scale of course.

I had already started building the entire chassis for a Lotus 97T (1/20th maybe???) but that sort of got out of hand and it was a hassle bringing out the MIG welder every time I wanted to add another tube for the frame.

I started again (Different chassis design) but this time with some brass I found so I can just solder it instead of welding.

The only parts I really need to buy are the wheels, engine and maybe the body. It's most likely going to turn out as a time attack car with a 4AGE or SR20.

All photos so far have been taken with my phone so they don't do it 100% justice.

Also, all the images were uploaded to imgur, and they upload in here way too big, anyone know how to re-size them? Cheers!

v864I0Fl.jpg

hyvDwf5l.jpg

SK8URpol.jpg

ipcMDmvl.jpg

• Like 2