Westland Sea King AEW Mk2 849NAS 'Baggers". D Day anniversary scheme 1994...

OK, guys apologies for the lack of update pics but time has been the enemy... I'm finially finished, well I hope so!

IMG_6730crbrconmid_zpsxwtl9vay.jpg

OK, lots of extra details added ,new cabin console and crew seats and cockpit crew seats, some soundproofing and detail painting to the 'bag' pallet. Lots of external details including the wire aerial down the port side. I tried stretched ABS sprue from a Tamiya Ef1 kit but that didn't work. So I resorted to fishing line dragged over a permenant marker pen, which seemed to work very well. Then brackets, hand holds, exhaust and pitot covers with FBF tags. Some exhaust weathering was added but as the D-Day anniversary cabs were kept pretty clean, I held back on a turely dirty cab. I had to remake the two aerials on the nose underside and on the nose as the kit part went AWOL...

There are two wire braces which support the aft part of the wire aerial down the port side. I used stretched sprue but I think they are a tad too heavy!

Paint was White Ensign enamel and Hulmrol for the detail painting. The exhaust staining was dark/black grey enamel dry brushed and supplemented with brown pastel. The model was then finished with one brush coat of Future to give a slight sheen.

Enjoy.

Colin

Enjoy. More photos in the Gallery.

Colin

Edited by heloman1