Trumpeter 1:48 F100D Super Sabre -

Evening folks - my love of the Hun continues with another Trumpy kit and this time the F100D in NMF. I should call this project 'back from the brink of disaster'!

I decided to do this in NMF - something I am not very good at and experimented a bit to get the result I wanted. I was feeling pretty pleased with myself as the build went like a dream, the paint finish was better than hoped and the decals were a breeze. Then I got lazy and in a fit of stupidity I sprayed the model with Tamiya Clear from a rattle can and whoops the paint starting cracking!

Anyway AngstROM kindly donated some replacement decals and after a few days of gently sanding respraying this is the result. Overall I am pleased with it although the original paint work around the rear end was better first time around.

So I used Halfords Moondust Silver for the main colour with Alclad Stainless Steel, Burnt Iron, and Airframe Aluminium over the top to create a weathered look. The rear end is a mix of Alclads.

These Trumpeter kits are execellent and I have the F100c to do and am waiting some decals from TwoBobs before I get cracking.

Photos are done with flash so when I get the chance I will do some better ones

Chris

Hun-3_zps43e4a0b7.jpgHun-4_zps9989620e.jpgHun-5_zps6122e859.jpgHun-9_zps285fcdc5.jpgHun-8_zps3a9cc8a6.jpgHun-7_zps91907dfd.jpgHun-6_zps0662c83f.jpgHun-2_zps74853727.jpg

• Like 16

A beautiful Hun, Chris. the contrast with the NMF and the markings stand out, love the burnt metal on the exhaust panels.

Yout two seater is great too. Well build, well done.

A modelling friend is brushing clear with a brush on NMF shades, the resuld is really nice, will give this a go, when it comes to metal shades.

:goodjob:

• Like 1

Superb! You've done brilliantly as far as the hot metal effects are concerned in the exhaust pipe area. That is what has always scared me to model a -100...

Congrats!

JR

well thank you very much for your kind comments - need to get some more kits to do a French and a Danish version!

chris

Can t wait to see them ! :-)

Hi Chris,

found your great looking Super Sabres. Generally I concentrate on 1/72 aircraft on BM. Although not my scale, I like them very much. Clean paintwork and nice weathering!

Cheers,

Mario

Many thanks Mario - I have two 1:72 to do and having seen yours I must get them done!

Chris

Hello Paul,

It looks superb, especially the BM.

Regards, Dirk/The Netherlands.

Many thanks Dirk

• Like 1