Airfix Curtis Tomahawk IIB

Mutley

My first WiP post, so many excellent models that I can only aspire to getting close to.

Here goes, please be gentle.

I started a P40 a while ago, and it went terribly wrong, so I binned it, and bought one of Airfixs 1/72 starter sets. Am still feeling my way back in, and I thought it would be a simple enough model to try my hand out on, and practice minor fixes if needed.

Although different marques, I'm using The Fighter Collections P-40F "Lee's Hope" as a painting guide, and will be shown in flight for a change to compliment the spitfires on the shelf

xWXIIwgZ.jpg

Cockpit and pilot ready, and attached to the assembled wings. Problem is, the pilot doesn't fit into the seat
MxnbCuLx.jpg

But a hip operation, and removal of feet, and he fits
7LlPgztO.jpg

Onto the body, and the joint between the body and wings left a step,
ZY5Qd3Qj.jpg
so a little (ok felt like a lot) of filing got the wingroot looking better, I didn't want to go too far incase I went too far
1fREA0ix.jpg
lZB8GhZ9.jpg
Although, during sanding I've managed to knock one of the moulded guns. A bit of glue and a bend back had it back in alignment.

Managed to apply the first coat today, and while I'm happy with the coverage, the sand on the TFCs P40 is a lot more yellowy. Will see what it looks like when the brown is applied, but I have noticed I have no yellow in the box, so a remix and respray not likely to happen, but lesson learnt

g9ncUx6R.jpg