de Havilland DH.100 Vampire FB.5 - MPM 1/72

Lovely build of one of my favorite planes (see my avatar).

Which color did use?

Cheers,

Michael

XF-17 postshaded with XF-18 (about 50/50 mix with XF-17)

base color for scratches is Alclad aluminium.

it is perhaps worth noting that the scratches are present even in places which are on original Vampire covered with plywood.

this is OK though, in accordance with photo.

point is that these were second hand british machines, formerly painted with high speed silver, which shows through.

Edited by pivokrevnik
  • Like 2

Well, technically, it is not the Azur boxing, these are the newer, correct sprues, as in the F.3 Special Hobby boxing. I think I already described the issue with different sprues/intakes in one of my earlier Vampire threads.

I bought the sprues in a plain plastic bag, for half the price, without decals, from MPM during last year eDay in Prague.

Later I got the Azur decal sheet separately.

As for mods and additions, just usual minor stuff: seat belts from cigarette paper, antennae from fishing line, new exhaust from evergreen tube, pitot tube from syringe.

btw here is a reference photo.

i think the large chips below the cockpit were caused by a pilot's ladder, so i did not make the chips that severe on the other side of the fuselage.

this level of weathering on an Aeronavale Vampire seems to be rather an exception, other photos I found on the internet show rather pristine finish.

Vampirebarva.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...