Why No Wingnut Wings Fokker Triplane?!

ytareh

and just because a kit is in development doesn't mean it will get produced.

A Little bird from NZ told me the kits in development. I promised Peter that I wouldn't say anything 26 days early, but I'm sure he won't mind :- )

Serial Number

32032 Fokker Dr. 1

32033 Sopwith Camel

32039 Sopwith Salamandar

32043 Junkers Cl.1

32044 Fokker E.V

32045 SSW D.III

32046 SSWD.IV

32049 Hansa-Brandenburg W.12 (Late)

32051 Breguet 14B2

32052 Junkers D.1

32053 Spad XIII

32055 Spad VII

32056 Airco DH.4

32058 Caudron G.4

32062 Armstrong Whitworth FK8

32063 Sopwith Dolphin

32064 Martinsyde Elephant

32065 Martinsyde Buzzard

Dammit...you had me, you posted on the 6th March... good one :banghead:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I've just found this (thanks Chris!) and as far as I can tell, there are two errors.

Firstly, I received an email directly from WnW in response to a question regarding the DR.1, the answer was:

We are not working on a Fokker Dr.1 model because we feel that the Roden 1/32 Fokker Dr.1 is very good and doesn't need replacing. We concentrate on modelling 1/32 WW1 aircraft that are not already available.

Secondly, the list of product numbers posted by Folkbox1 is extremely accurate as they are all, bar one, still not taken yet. 32046 has now been allocated to the Albatros B.II 'Early' and the Sopwith Camel F.1 has been allocated 32070, other than that the list of product numbers are still yet to be assigned to a model. It was with interest that I looked through the complete range and realised that the product numbers do not reflect release date. That is stated in the commentary 'Model Features' below the picture of the box art.

It is interesting to see that the Albatros B.II 'Early', number 32046, was not released until November 2015, yet the much later product number, 32066, the Felixstowe F2.A 'Late' was released a year before, in December 2014.

​So, I wonder of the above list will be correct? I can't wait for the Spads and the Siemens-Shuckerts.

Given that Folkbox just made the whole thing up, ummm... no?

But given that WnW have released some kits since his original post, how did he know which product numbers would be unused?

???

Presumably he knew which catalogue numbers weren't being used be because he looked at the existing catalogue numbers and then... didn't use those ones. Just the same way you could see that those numbers were unused.

Also: he didn't know which ones would be unused (in the future), which is why the very next wave of releases after his list completely contradicted his alleged product numbers. As you pointed out yourself - the Albatros B.II is 32046; the Camel is 32070.

The list is fake. It's made up. It's a hoax. It's not real.

It might contain some subjects you'd like to see. It probably even contains a couple of subjects Wingnuts happen to be working on. But it's a fake list. Created by someone who has zero actual, inside information. To sucker people into believing it's true. For a laugh.

Edited by ICMF

They do whatever Peter Jackson wants, they really don't seem bound by normal commercial imperatives.

I mean, they sell out of Fokker D.VII's, but don't bother making any more - the same for all their sold out kits. They don't bother with a Camel until 5-6 years later, they don't bother with the special editions, they don't bother with any proper accessories, they don't bother with an retail network, they don't bother with a Fokker Triplane or BE.2 - it's not run primarily for profit.

Not that I mind, I'll keep buying whatever they keep deciding to make!

• Like 1

???

Presumably he knew which catalogue numbers weren't being used be because he looked at the existing catalogue numbers and then... didn't use those ones. Just the same way you could see that those numbers were unused.

Also: he didn't know which ones would be unused (in the future), which is why the very next wave of releases after his list completely contradicted his alleged product numbers. As you pointed out yourself - the Albatros B.II is 32046; the Camel is 32070.

The list is fake. It's made up. It's a hoax. It's not real.

It might contain some subjects you'd like to see. It probably even contains a couple of subjects Wingnuts happen to be working on. But it's a fake list. Created by someone who has zero actual, inside information. To sucker people into believing it's true. For a laugh.

I didn't think this would still be around almost a year later :- ) I have been keeping a list of WNW kits and serial numbers and just used the unallocted ones and filled them with kits I would (and another member here) like to see.

So it was an early April Fool's prank, a bit of a personal sweep stake to see if I could predict anything with accuracy and to hopefully nudge WNW a little. Sorry if I've ruined anyone's plans

Edited by Folkbox1

I didn't think this would still be around almost a year later :- ) I have been keeping a list of WNW kits and serial numbers and just used the unallocted ones and filled them with kits I would (and another member here) like to see.

So it was an early April Fool's prank, a bit of a personal sweep stake to see if I could predict anything with accuracy and to hopefully nudge WNW a little. Sorry if I've ruined anyone's plans

cruel...I'm still sobbing :weep: