Crickets against Rats - Regia Aeronautica in the Spanish Civil War 1936/37 vol. - Casemate

Julien

Crickets against Rats - Regia Aeronautica in the Spanish Civil War 1936/37 vol. I

KAGERO - Casemate UK

cr001.jpg

While a lot is known about the German involvement in the Spanish Civil war with the Condor Legion in support of the Nationalists, and the Russians supplying arms to the Republican forces; the involvement of the Italy is less well known. Though reluctant at first, following a direct request from Franco and encouragement from Hitler Mussolini committed his Navy to the seas around Spain, his Army in the form of a Corps of "Volunteer" forces to the ground and the Regia Aeronautica to the air.

This new book from Casemate/Kagero looks at the involvement of the Regia Aeronautica. The book arrives as an A4 portrait soft cover 78 page book. The book follows the day to day struggles in the air, and the rapid deployment of the Italian Air Force to Spain. In this first volume the years 1936 & 1937 are covered. Details include to attacks on Madrid, battles at the river Jarama, and battles for Malaga & Guadalajara. The text is illustrated throughout with black & white photos.

cr003.jpg

Following the text there are five colour pages (including the back page) with profiles of Italian Aircraft used in this conflict.

cr002.jpg

Conclusion
This is an excellent book covering a less well known part of the Spanish Civil War. Recommended to those with an interest in The Italian Air Force, The Spanish Civil War, or those history buffs who would like to know more about this subject.

bin-new.jpg

Review sample courtesy of
logo.gif

Are there any deals with this one?

As its a new book I doubt it.

Thanks, Julien.

Let's hope for more books about this war.

As this is Vol I, I am hoping there is more to come.