Vignette Group Build Chat

AnonymousDFB1

You certainly can Lee. Welcome. You are on the list at number 60. Looking forward to seeing what you make.

Kind regards,

Stix

60 now? Good grief, will the server support it?

Stix, if you require a helping hand, I'll step up as co-host (I should have lots of time, seeing as I never, ever finish anything. :) )

• Like 1

Hi Stix,

Many thanks for accepting me into what is my first Group Build. I'm already mulling over ideas and will make good use of my stash. I've read through the rules on sizes, protrusions, etc which are fine but would like some clarity on what the from and to dates relate too. I've read that the models could already be done (although mine are not!) but the base itself cannot be started until the 25th June and has to be completed for presenting on 23rd October? And the finished vignette is posted on 'ready for inspection' or somewhere else? I'm not sure if I've missed some rules somewhere or getting ahead of the game or not fully understanding Group Build rules. Thanks for your help to clarify.

Regards,

Lee

• Like 1

On June 25th you start building your vignette scene. The scenery must not be started until then, but you may use models which are already completed.

Everything stops on October 23rd, so you have until then to complete your vignette. It might take you to then or it might take you to only the 26th June to have it finished.

A week or so before the start date Enzo Matrix, the GB overseer, will set up a special forum for this.

It will have a 'Rules' section, a 'Chat' section and a 'Gallery' section. That is where you put a few pictures of your completed vignette.

Once the special forum is set up you simply set up a build thread in it where you log your progress and where we will annoy and confuse encourage you.

• Like 2

Hi Lee - thank you for your questions and thank you to Black Knight for answering them so quickly! Great stuff!

ONLY ABOUT 6 WEEKS TO GO!!!

60 now? Good grief, will the server support it?

Stix, if you require a helping hand, I'll step up as co-host (I should have lots of time, seeing as I never, ever finish anything. :) )

PM inbound!!

Oh right,the models can be started already??.........excellent,I'm gunna need all the time I can get as I work at a snail's pace!!

I'm planning on a pair of EOD guys with a suspect/derelict VW beetle,

Andrew

• Like 1

Oh right,the models can be started already??.........excellent,I'm gunna need all the time I can get as I work at a snail's pace!!

I'm planning on a pair of EOD guys with a suspect/derelict VW beetle,

Andrew

Hi Andrew. The kits/models can certainly be started or complete but the base/scenic elements must not have been started at all. Looking forward to seeing your project in progress.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

I was thinking of buying a few rubber moulds to make bricks and cobbles from.

Has anyone tried this on here and if so have any advice or recommendations?

Much appreciated

Joss

Thinking of doing this if it comes within the rules:-

CcsRvB-WwAAhFq5_zps4rz0oanc.jpg

I picked up the SKP 1/35 resin figure of Princess Elizabeth recently in this pose which will go very nicely with the Tamiya Tilly. http://www.skpmodel.eu/product.php?id_product=45

I will hopefully also get time to do a 28mm vignette from Waterloo (probably the Perry Miniatures vignette of Sgt,Ewart capturing a French Eagle) and also a 120mm vignette although not sure which yet (could be a Crimean war, Napoleonic War or Zulu War scene). So many models to make!

Andrew

• Like 3

Much appreciated

Joss

What scale do you want?

Much appreciated

Joss

Seems like a lot of work. One thing I've discovered is that model railroad companies have like a lock on textures and other things that are useful for diorama building. Companies like Bursch, Faller and others make these sort of thing, which you can search for online. I'm planning to use a number of their products in the coming months.

• Like 2

Seems like a lot of work. One thing I've discovered is that model railroad companies have like a lock on textures and other things that are useful for diorama building. Companies like Bursch, Faller and others make these sort of thing, which you can search for online. I'm planning to use a number of their products in the coming months.

Thanks I'll have a look and see I have a few miniart sets but was wondering if casting them would give a more realistic effect!

How many bricks do you want?

Some company makes bags of 1/35 bricks, about 50 per bag.

Not sure at the moment as I playing with a few ideas but that's good to know might be an easier option!

Cheers

Joss

You can also do that scene in 1/72.....Figure from Dan Taylor Modelworks, Tilly from ACE. :nerd:

That's great information Sgt. Definitely a vignette I'd like to try in 1/72 in the future.

If anyone's stuck for ideas, it might be just my sense of humour, but...

I found this photograph of a couple of chaps somewhere in the back of beyond.

Well, the word on top of the tow truck says it all:

0205596C-ACE7-442D-A320-E24894986D22_zps

Agreed :D!

It's beyond my skills, but really made me laugh. I just thought with the AModel Aero 45, maybe a die cast tow truck and a couple of Preiser figures, this is a lovely little 'one word vignette'. :)

I'll get my coat :coat:

Best regards

Tony

• Like 2

Looks like I'll be starting this one in my 'remote modelling facility' - I've got 3 weeks away at work starting just before this kicks off, so that will be a good time to bash away at the starring artillery piece. And maybe do some initial work on the figures, too.

• Like 1

This sounds fun! I'll have a go at this

class-105-dmu-1448820941-800.jpg

No idea where to start with it.

That looks like a great scene in the making! N guage or OO?

Looks like I'll be starting this one in my 'remote modelling facility' - I've got 3 weeks away at work starting just before this kicks off, so that will be a good time to bash away at the starring artillery piece. And maybe do some initial work on the figures, too.

Sounds like a good plan to me!! :thumbsup:

• Like 1