Vignette Group Build Chat

AnonymousDFB1

6 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Giemme. I'm afraid you only get one vote!! I need 25!

Kind regards,

Stix

Same feeling! :frantic: Well, 25 it's impossible, but at least 3 should be fair, shouldn't it?

Ciao

• Like 2

Thanks both to Mish who came u p with the idea and you  redoubtable gentlemen who moderated it. The most enjoyable GB I've been in. I wanted to do bigger and better but  real life got in the way.

Thanks again and well done to all who entered.

• Like 2

I'm also having difficulty narrowing it down to one vote, there is some absolutely fantastic stuff in the gallery, and such variety, most of which is well outside my comfort zone.

Go on, let us have 3 votes each, just this once.

John

• Like 3

15 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Giemme. I'm afraid you only get one vote!! I need 25!

Kind regards,

Stix

Agrees that having 3 votes would make the voting SOOOOOOO much easier! I rate two of the vignettes as being equally fantastic and it was impossible to decide which was THE best, whilst choosing third best would be easy. It seems a shame that we cannot give 2nd and 3rd the acclaim they deserve.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

I must admit I could happily have cast a dozen votes and still felt bad about leaving some of the others out... but on the other hand it was an excellent and most enjoyable Group Build and I doubt any of us signed up to see if we could get the most votes :D

It was a pleasure to take part and I would like to echo the thanks for Mish and Enzo and our charming hosts :)

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 3

I personally wouldn't mind having more votes but:

1. It's not up to me - it would have to be Enzo and the other Mods to say it's okay

and

2. It would set a precedent - participants in voting in other GBs may decide they want extra votes as well.

Perhaps someone needs to raise it as a discussion point in the Group Build chat section - "Is one vote ever enough?"

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PlaStix said:

I personally wouldn't mind having more votes but:

1. It's not up to me - it would have to be Enzo and the other Mods to say it's okay

and

2. It would set a precedent - participants in voting in other GBs may decide they want extra votes as well.

Perhaps someone needs to raise it as a discussion point in the Group Build chat section - "Is one vote ever enough?"

Kind regards,

Stix

Just a thought on the subject of allowing 3 votes, especially in a GB where the subject matter is so wide, with armour, aircraft, figures, boats, trains and non-military vehicles; people with a preference for let's say 'superhero' modelling are more likely to vote for the superhero vignette above all others and if 'superhero modellers' formed the highest percentage of the BM membership, then the single superhero vignette would most likely be judged to be the best, when in fact it might not be. By allowing 3 votes, this would force 'superhero' modellers to negate their bias and vote on other subjects too, thus balancing the results more.

That's my theory anyway.

And surely the more voting that takes place, the better, after all we all like to interact and have some influence and have some fun.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PlaStix said:

2. It would set a precedent

Stix, are you sure about that? Sorry for bothering, but I seem to remember there was at least a GB in which a multiple choice was possible, but then I can't remember which one. I might as well be totally wrong, but I'm pretty sure mine wasn't an original idea, I thought of it because as I said I recalled it done somewhere else ... :confused: 

Well, regardless, it's been a great GB to participate in, with a great outcome in terms of quality of the builds :thumbsup::thumbsup: 

Ciao

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, giemme said:

Stix, are you sure about that? Sorry for bothering, but I seem to remember there was at least a GB in which a multiple choice was possible, but then I can't remember which one. I might as well be totally wrong, but I'm pretty sure mine wasn't an original idea, I thought of it because as I said I recalled it done somewhere else ... :confused: 

Well, regardless, it's been a great GB to participate in, with a great outcome in terms of quality of the builds :thumbsup::thumbsup: 

Ciao

Hi Giemme. I think the one you may be thinking of was the last Battle of Britain GB where, because there were so many entries, they did an initial vote - where you could vote for as many as you wanted - but this was to find the builds that would be in the final - where it was just one vote each to decide the overall winner.

There may have been another but not that I remember.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 2

Maybe have a voting system where you awards points for EVERY entry. If there's 30 entries top one gets 30, second 29, etc all the way down to 1. It will make the voting more fun, increase the 'footfall' of the topic and mean that no one has to suffer the embarrassment of getting zero votes. :D

Badder (Currently playing Devil's Advocate)

• Like 2

Still unable to decide on a winner. I think that I will have to narrow it down to what I feel are the best three, roll up the right trouser leg and stand in a bowl of water, then try to pick one. :frantic:  :boom:  :winkgrin:

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Badder said:

Maybe have a voting system where you awards points for EVERY entry. If there's 30 entries top one gets 30, second 29, etc all the way down to 1. It will make the voting more fun, increase the 'footfall' of the topic and mean that no one has to suffer the embarrassment of getting zero votes. :D

Badder (Currently playing Devil's Advocate)

Like the Eurovision Song Contest?

• Like 1

I appreciate the comments about multiple votes.  It's always good to have the BM Massive invested in things like this.

Sadly, it's no really possible.  The forum software allows two modes:  single vote per question or multiple vote.   The multiple vote option allows people to vote for as many as they like. We can't restrict voting to just three.  Currently, the Group Build poll allows multiple choice, although we ask that voters restrict themselves to six votes in total.  Maybe I shouldn't say this on an open forum, but there is no way that we can control the votes, so people could vote for eight or twelve, or every one!  So we take a gamble that people will stick to the rules.  I'm pleased to say that mostly they do

Another way around it would be to have a managed poll.   Voters would PM their top 3 to the GB host who would then keep track of the votes.  The results could be posted every few days so people could see the progression.  However, I would strongly recommend that we don't do this.  It would increase the workload of the GB Hosts massively.  GB hosting is supposed to be fun.  I think that would tend to discourage people from being GB hosts.

We're always open to suggestions as to how we can improve GBs, so please feel free to open a discussion thread in the GB chat forum.

• Like 3