DH 82 Tiger Moth, RAAF Ambulance, 1/72 (scratch conv.)

JWM

Hi,

This is my recent model, not from archive I finished it few days ago. This is Dh 82 Tiger Moth of Air Abulance Unit in Australia Laverton at end of 1944 (A17-543). Profile from Czech book "Ilustrovana Historie Letectvi " (Illustrated history of aviation) No 8, Z. Hurt, P.Kucera, O.Charles, 1992 via wing palette.

The conversion is acratch built, decals from drawer.

I hope you will like it,

Comments welcome!

Regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

P.S.

I am about to finish another Tiger Moth in RAF markings - soon I hope at RFI.

dh82 raaf DSC03315dh82 raaf DSC03314dh82 raaf DSC03313dh82 raaf DSC03312dh82 raaf DSC03309dh82 raaf DSC03308

Edited by JWM
Switch to Flickr
  • Like 39

Thank you Manipled Murtineer, Martin and Simon for nice comments

Perhaps it could be intersting for someone if I post also photo or two from the conversion of fuselage.

Here it is:

dh82 DSC03139

You may see some details of inside here. The windscreen was cut from a rear part of canopy of Avia S-199 (a bit bulbed version of Me109 K canopy) and main transparent parts was cut from two *EDIT* ventral (is it a righ term for bottom?) gunner canopies of urecognized kit (looks like Italeri?) *end of EDIT* ...Cut out part of Avia canopy is on left wing on above photo.

Then it was set together like this:

dh82 DSC03140

Would be interested to know a bit more about the aircraft

Something can be read here:

http://www.airwaysmuseum.com/Connellan%20DH82%20VH-BIW.htm

Best regards :)

Jerzy-Wojtek

Edited by JWM
Switch to Flickr
  • Like 7

Hi Jerzy!!!!

Congratulations for another gem to the collection's crown!!!

I really was impressed how you take anything and, makes me believe you are one off the "Midas King Club" of modelers that shares his presence, tiem and efforts here with all of us. I have never seen before this nice plane was converted to ambulance that way, so, thank you very much also for the knowledge shared here. Its nice to know you are a prolific modeler and hope we can watch many more of your masterworks. Also, was wondering which kit you have used.

Without a doubt, its so nice to see how your "Old School" modeling skilled works have nothing to envy to any Tamigawa model.

Congratulations!!!

Thank you very much for sharing,

Cheers!!!

Luis Alfonso

• Like 1

Thank you Russ, Luis Alfonso, Paul and Houstone for nice comments!

Also, was wondering which kit you have used.

Luis, obviously this is new tooling from Airfix...I have also Tiger Moth from AZ, but since I am doing second one (more typical - but not the the very end - you will see it soon) I would like them to be different only there where they should be.

Hope this will be of some inspiration to those wishing or signed up to the Tiger Moth STGB.

Paul - what about the same but in 1/32? :)

Cheers

Jerzy-Wojtek

• Like 1

On 25.01.2015 at 11:30 PM, Paul J said:

That would be brilliant!

Paul - thanks for comment (sorry that so late..) . Any progress on that? ;)

Regards

J-W

• 6 years later...
On 12/3/2023 at 7:55 PM, diamant said:

Hi J-W,

Very nice build. We will also do it now for our Tiger Moth series.

Very nice build!!

Cheers

Santiago

Hi Santiago,

Thank you! I have noticed your series on DH 82s . Impressive as always - perhaps I will try one Queen Bee in return :)

9 hours ago, MACALAIN said:

Nicely done.

Alain

Many thanks. The De Havillnads I have constructed in early 2015 were my last models where I did rigging with stretched sprues, then I "discovered" the EZ which makes this duty much, much better...

Regards

J-W

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JWM said:

Hi Santiago,

Thank you! I have noticed your series on DH 82s . Impressive as always - perhaps I will try one Queen Bee in return :)

Hi,

That would be great!!. 

Thank you. There will be more than 50 Tiger Moth. There are some less known which I have discovered now.

Cheers

Santiago

• Like 1