GB Chat

Howdy chaps

Well we are rapidly approching month 1 gone of the GB, everyone seems upto there eyeballs in tracks and associated bits.

Some excellent and fantastic work seen thus far and I cant wait to see how some of the builds turn out.

Im even thinking of squeezing in a 1/72nd scale build as well, just for a laugh :)

Keep up the good work and HAVE FUN!!!

ps - if you are starting any other GB's in the next few days,(like me) remember, we are more important than any of those fluffed up wingy thing types :)

Keep the faith

Steve

• Like 1

Hi guys,

just wondering if anyone else is having the same problems as me... :banghead: picked out 4 posible kits for the next build now that the MkII is 90% built & ................put em all back can't seem to make my mind.. up!! ..........bugger still 3 months left....oh joy!

Andy.

Hi guys,

just wondering if anyone else is having the same problems as me... :banghead: picked out 4 posible kits for the next build now that the MkII is 90% built & ................put em all back can't seem to make my mind.. up!! ..........bugger still 3 months left....oh joy!

Andy.

just do all 4 - simple...... ;-)

• Like 2

articulated AFV/tank paint holder type contraption.... anyone use one? saw a review on here and tempted but thinking only good if no interior? any thoughts?

I'm amazed at the number of 1/72 builds - not since I was a kid have I tackled armour that small although to be fair the standard of kits seems better

Hi Guys

Sorry Ive been so scarce, Been working flat out, not really funny and trying to get builds done in another GB as well in the week :)

Im very impressed with the standard of workmanship thats being shown on here, really is very good.

I shall be continuing the PE fight this weekened...

ATB

Steve

• Like 1

Hi Guys

Sorry Ive been so scarce, Been working flat out, not really funny and trying to get builds done in another GB as well in the week :)

Im very impressed with the standard of workmanship thats being shown on here, really is very good.

I shall be continuing the PE fight this weekened...

ATB

Steve

I look forward seeing your progress with the etch Steve. Not been around much myself of late, but finally sorted some paint out today so should get some progress made next week.

At PlaStix suggestion, and if you guys will allow, can I include my PSC Loyd Carriers and 6 pounder guns in the GB? I only started them yesterday, but I've stuck the WIP in the armour section (having not really been aware of the GB before), oh and there's a Dragon Tiger I might build for them to shoot at!

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234977913-peashooter-and-puller-distraction-quick-build/#entry1918616

• 2 weeks later...

At PlaStix suggestion, and if you guys will allow, can I include my PSC Loyd Carriers and 6 pounder guns in the GB? I only started them yesterday, but I've stuck the WIP in the armour section (having not really been aware of the GB before), oh and there's a Dragon Tiger I might build for them to shoot at!

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234977913-peashooter-and-puller-distraction-quick-build/#entry1918616

Hi Jon

Not wanting to be a terrible bore, but I dont think that the Loyd Carriers can be included in the GB as they, well they have basically already been built. I do understand they were shown in another thread in full, but i dont think its fair on the chaps that have started from scratch in the GB.

Sorry mate

Thanks

Steve

Ok, don't want to cause any upset. Are you happy the WIP thread stays where it is or do you want me to ask the mods (nicely) if they'll move it back where it started from? I won't post the results in the GB gallery either way.

would anyone mind if I submitted a build to this AND the french fancy GB. I have a Pz IV that has FFI markings (Dragon kit) so would, i assume fit in both GBs (not sure if it was used during or just after WWII anyone know - ie would he markings fit in to this GB?)

• 2 weeks later...

Hellloooooooooooo Everyone. :bye:

I know I've been very naughty and been very scarce, but work and my PC crashing have not been making life very easy....

Anyhoo, PC now in happy land again, and im baaaaack

would anyone mind if I submitted a build to this AND the french fancy GB. I have a Pz IV that has FFI markings (Dragon kit) so would, i assume fit in both GBs (not sure if it was used during or just after WWII anyone know - ie would he markings fit in to this GB?)

Hi Rob, sorry that i coudnt answer you sooner.

I dont see a problem with a Pz IV in Free French markings. They did use all manner of stuff during the the war that was captured or nicked so a definate yes.

Steve

Hellloooooooooooo Everyone. :bye:

I know I've been very naughty and been very scarce, but work and my PC crashing have not been making life very easy....

Anyhoo, PC now in happy land again, and im baaaaack

Hi Rob, sorry that i coudnt answer you sooner.

I dont see a problem with a Pz IV in Free French markings. They did use all manner of stuff during the the war that was captured or nicked so a definate yes.

Steve

thanks Steve - will see how I go - believe the FF would need zimmerit to be accurate so most likely going with a German version just in this GB....

Looks like I'll have to bail out on this GB lads, life appears as if it's going to get very busy over the next couple of months. Makes me a little sad actually, as I'd decided on a Selbstfahrlafette für 3.7 cm Pak 36 auf Renault UE(f), mixing Tamiya, Dragon and Royal Model bits. Ah well, next time.

http://militarymodels.co.nz/2011/07/06/i-knew-i-should-have-bought-that-cheap-tamiya-renault-ue-at-model-x/

and here

http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/207766-selbstfahrlafette-f%C3%BCr-37-cm-pak-36-auf-renault-uef-early-conversion/

Sorry for the lack of updates on my two builds chaps/chapesses, but I have finally sorted the paint for the JS-2, so I should be back on with them soon. I bought a Lifecolor set but the final colour for 4BO looked way too grey to me. So having checked back over the links provided by SleeperService and Troy Smith I have decided to use Humbrol enamel (mixes of 116,117 and 150) on this one..

Meanwhile the hull and turret of the KV-1 has received the sand base colour, I just need to check on the camouflage pattern for this.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

I can't believe there's only two weeks (luckily 3 weekends!!!) left in this GB!! I've been enjoying myself so much that the time has just flown by! I've had a great time and I've still got a fair bit to do! I've got 4 tanks basically complete and I thought I'd share a photo of the four of them - the fifth tank I'm working on is still in bits! The photo is not great quality - the light wasn't good but you'll get the idea!

17552150992_cb0703f3c6_c.jpg

There's already amazing builds in the gallery - so good luck to everyone who's still working away - I'm looking forward to seeing those yet to be completed!

Kind regards,

Stix

Edited by PlaStix
  • Like 5

Further to my post above:

One week left!!!! Two weekends!!!!

An update of the photo above:

17822548941_3502bf2f13_c.jpg

Good luck to everyone still trying to get something finished!! It'll be mostly figures and possibly base boards for me!! :frantic:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 6

Having had a look through the gallery there are so many great builds. I'm hoping to be able to look through all the build threads at some point, longer work hours and other commitments have meant that every spare moment went into modelling (90% of it just on my Sherman). This is by far my longest continuous build, 4 months instead of my usual couple of weeks! Now it's done I can hopefully get some pace up on my builds :P