GB Chat

Hi folks,not participating in this one but will be an avid follower of the builds,let,s face it there are a lot of superb schemes out there for the Sea king

so best of luck with all your builds(plenty of Royal Navy please!

Something we never discussed. Do we want a poll in the end of this STGB or should we just enjoy the session without pressure? I'm neutral on this so its really up for you gang to decide.

Really looking forward to this group build and the variety of types available, nice to see they won't all be grey Mk6's (Not that there is anything wrong with a grey Mk6!!). As for a poll i would be happy for one.

Cheers now

Bob

• Like 1

If time and other GB projects allows ( intend to stay focused on my new years resolution. Only enter with one entry at the time in each GB I signed up for. then I can start a new entry when that project is done) then I will build a HH-3E Jolly Green Giant in SEA camouflage from the Vietnam era. Using the ancient Revell 1/72 kit

• Like 1

449_28_01_15_4_35_01_0.jpg

449_28_01_15_4_35_02_1.jpg

449_28_01_15_4_35_02_2.jpg

449_28_01_15_4_35_03_3.jpg

449_28_01_15_4_35_03_4.jpg

449_28_01_15_4_35_04_5.jpg

My SH-3A mentioned before has entered the repair dock. Lost 3 blades from the tail rotor during our house move. Located only 2 them in the box. Decided to steal one of the five blade from one of my unbuilt Heller Sea kings.

• Like 1

I have read somewhere that if a word or say a flag have the right amount of either letters or colours, but is having a wrong combination. then the fault can go on without noticed with a lot of people. Like people often recognize the individual elements and the brain is somewhat cheated to a extend. Might be the same reason obvious errors occur for those who actually makes the mistake.

If we have a poll can we include a poll question on the reissue of the old Airwaves products for the Sea King?

I'd love Mr Hannants to reissue the cabin door, six blade tail rotor and the partical separator ( sand filter) in 48th, Please.

Any OOP parts/decals you'd like?

I found this whilst rummaging in the stash last weekend, it's the old Fujimi kit RN/RAF markings boxing. Started by my brother quite a few years ago. It's not eligable for the GB due to it not meeting the 25% rule. However I'll build it alongside my other build and I'll post progress pics in the WIP section.

As the kit represents an SH-3 I'll build it as G-ATYU/XV370 the first of a batch of four Sea Kings to arrive by ship into the UK in October of 1966. The reference pic, I have in Fleet Air Arm Helos since 1943 only has a B&W pic. So I'm assuming it's in RAF BG, as the US Engine Grey had by the time been superceded by White over Gull Grey. That is unless someone has other info.

The cab carries minimal markings UK civil reg on either side of the nose but to brighten it up the yellow US style TR warning band is applied around the tailcone.

IMG_6343crre_zpsf7b43fcb.jpg

Colin

Edited by heloman1
  • Like 1

Hi Colin,

I don't really know what I'm looking for but I have the wings and wheels book that may have something you need. I can have a read to see if AEW jumps out at me and take some photos.

So out of the available Sea King kits, nobody has picked the Cyberhobby kit. I wonder why? Yes the HC4 is suspect on the nose but what about the other versions?

I wonder can some cross kitting be done with the HC4 and a Revell kit?

Just a couple of thoughts.

Colin