Mirage GB chat

Enzo the Magnificent

1 hour ago, zhizhou said:

Wez and Enzo, many thanks for keeping the Mirage GB at the fore front of everyone's mind.  You did a super job promoting the GB.

So I had better go and dust off that Mirage IV and PJ M5F, I had better locate the decals too.

cheers,

Zhizhou

It was always going to be a problem for a GB that didn't get through the previous poll so I felt I needed to keep the interest up...   ...it also gave me an excuse to post lots of lovely pictures of Mirages and Kfir's and Cheetah's and...

50 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Nothing to do with me...    This is all Wez's doing! :thumbsup:  

I had some help but thanks!

Plenty of time to rifle through the stash, check the decals, rummage through the references and surfing the web to choose a subject...   ...or two, or three!

• Like 1

For those of you still wondering what you're going to do for the GB and you have a Heller Mirage IV in the stash, well do yourself a favour and take a look at DerekB's WIP thread

plenty of inspiration and reference material there.

Plenty of time to think of something for the GB in the meantime though.

• Like 1

I've just had a look through the Decal Stash to see if I have anything suitable for this GB.

Considering Mirage F.1s alone, I have 11 decal sheets, with a total of 36 separate schemes! :wow: 

1 hour ago, Enzo Matrix said:

I've just had a look through the Decal Stash to see if I have anything suitable for this GB.

Considering Mirage F.1s alone, I have 11 decal sheets, with a total of 36 separate schemes! :wow: 

Of course, you know you want to make them all - don't you? :whistle:

Talking of decals, Syhart have done these little beauties in both 1/72nd and 1/48th!  Fantastic scheme.

Just need a decent 1/72nd Mirage 2000 to stick them on (go on Special Hobby do us a Mirage 2000B/C/D/N to the standard of your F.1's - you know you want to)!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wez said:

Just need a decent 1/72nd Mirage 2000 to stick them on (go on Special Hobby do us a Mirage 2000B/C/D/N to the standard of your F.1's - you know you want to)!

...and a Mirage III/5 family.  They could pretty much corner the market!  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wez said:

Talking of decals, Syhart have done these little beauties in both 1/72nd and 1/48th!  Fantastic scheme.

What's wrong with the Revell kit???

31 minutes ago, Space Ranger said:

What's wrong with the Revell kit???

IIRC, the Revell kit is the Italeri kit, certainly the 2000C was short in fuselage length with panel lines in the wrong place.  Bit of a disappointment really.

43 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

...and a Mirage III/5 family.  They could pretty much corner the market!  

Amen to that!  Give me a IIIE or 5 first please!

19 hours ago, Wez said:

Good afternoon Wez

I totally agree with you we REALLY need  a Mirage 2000 familly in 1/72 and also a Mirage III familly ..

Patrice

I've added this to my list of interested GBs to keep tabs on in case I have time available.  I wouldn't mind building another Mirage IIIO...lord knows I have enough markings left.  :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, helios16v said:

I've added this to my list of interested GBs to keep tabs on in case I have time available.  I wouldn't mind building another Mirage IIIO...lord knows I have enough markings left.  :lol:

Of course you'll have plenty of time :wicked:

And an Aussie Mirage IIIO would be very welcome!!

The Mirage 2000-family would be very welcom, considering their  operational history: Gulf War 1991, Afghanistan, Libya, Yugoslavia, Mali, and a whole lot of ordnance. Not to mention all the nice special schemes. It's a shame Revell just repopped the old Italeri-kit without adding some more interesting stuff! Maybe a good opportunity for special hobby! ;)

Alex

1 hour ago, Arniec said:

I am thinking about doing a Argentinian Dagger from Kinetic in 1/48.

Also got some extra decals for it somewhere.

Cheers, 

That would be very welcome, hopefully we will get build threads of every Mirage derivative and from every operator.

Would that be in Falklands War period markings?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Wez said:

That would be very welcome, hopefully we will get build threads of every Mirage derivative and from every operator.

Would that be in Falklands War period markings?

Yes, it will be in Falklands war markings.  The decals I intend to use are from High Planes Models.

3 minutes ago, Arniec said:

Yes, it will be in Falklands war markings.  The decals I intend to use are from High Planes Models.

Some cool schemes there.  Look forward to seeing the outcome.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2016 at 2:19 PM, Wez said:

IIRC, the Revell kit is the Italeri kit, certainly the 2000C was short in fuselage length with panel lines in the wrong place.  Bit of a disappointment really.

What about the Heller kits (2000/2000N)? I realize they're not exactly cutting-edge, or even state-of-the-art, but are they reasonably accurate considering their age?

7 hours ago, Space Ranger said:

What about the Heller kits (2000/2000N)? I realize they're not exactly cutting-edge, or even state-of-the-art, but are they reasonably accurate considering their age?

Heller's original Mirage was a single seater based on the prototypes, as such, IIRC it doesn't really capture the single seat production versions.

The 2000N was a later product, IIRC, the panel lines aren't very delicate.  I think the wings were a straight carry-over from the original single seat kit.

It's an awful ong time (20 plus years), since I last looked at the Heller kit.

It was because the Heller kit was a bit meh that there were high hopes for the Italeri kits.

There really is a dire need for a modern Mirage 2000 family in 1/72nd!

18 hours ago, Wez said:

Heller's original Mirage was a single seater based on the prototypes, as such, IIRC it doesn't really capture the single seat production versions.

The 2000N was a later product, IIRC, the panel lines aren't very delicate.  I think the wings were a straight carry-over from the original single seat kit.

It was because the Heller kit was a bit meh that there were high hopes for the Italeri kits.

There really is a dire need for a modern Mirage 2000 family in 1/72nd!

How good, or otherwise, was the Heller 2000N in 48th scale?

12 minutes ago, Col. said:

How good, or otherwise, was the Heller 2000N in 48th scale?

Short answer is I don't know but hopefully somebody can help.

IIRC, Eduard released a version with some resin and PE upgrades which will improve thins immensely in terms of detail offered.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wez said:

Short answer is I don't know but hopefully somebody can help.

IIRC, Eduard released a version with some resin and PE upgrades which will improve thins immensely in terms of detail offered.

Thank you Wez. I've the Heller kit in the stash and was wondering if it was worth making some effort on for the GB.

11 minutes ago, Col. said:

Thank you Wez. I've the Heller kit in the stash and was wondering if it was worth making some effort on for the GB.

I should think so especially if you get some bits and bobs to tart it up - I imagine it will look very impressive!  Always liked the 2000N because that tactical dark grey and green colour scheme made the aircraft look brooding and menacing!

• Like 1