Mirage GB chat

Enzo the Magnificent

18 minutes ago, Jabba said:

Yes mein kleiner Gruppen fuhrer.

Good, it's just the others then...   ...you know how stubborn and persistent I can be about these things :fight:

How many votes still needed? 

I voted, and couldn't help noticing the rather interesting timing with that other vote going on. Was almost like voting Mirage for president. 

Sorry had one too many I think.

Jay

20 minutes ago, Mountain goat said:

How many votes still needed? 

I voted, and couldn't help noticing the rather interesting timing with that other vote going on. Was almost like voting Mirage for president. 

Sorry had one too many I think.

Jay

Hard to say Jay, there's such a wide spread of subjects up for grabs this year it may dilute the numbers required to get a GB over the line, there's no excuse for complacency though, we want to make this one certain!

We're currently 4th on the leader board with 3 other GB's tying for 1st place, one more vote we'd be joint leaders - but we don't want to stop there do we? No, total poll domination is what we're after! :wicked:

The poll can be found here if you haven't voted yet

Thanks to Antoine for kindly pointing out the difference between a Mirage IIIC, IV and F.1 for Sgt. Squarehead's benefit, I'm sure he's suitably enlightened and eager to join us! :whistle:

Seriously, he'd be very welcome and would learn much about the wonderful world of Mirages.

Well one week into the vote and we're doing well but it doesn't do to be complacent so we need your votes particularly as thing may change towards the end of the poll when the tactical voting usually comes into play.

If you haven't voted, there's still time and you can go here to vote

In case you were wavering or wondering whether you should vote for the Mirage GB in the poll I urge you to take a look at this model

I think we can all agree José Pedro has done a fine job here with the Kinetic Mirage IIIE, it would be great to see more like it in the GB which will only happen if people vote for it in the poll which can be found by following this link

14 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Vote cast.

Looking forward to this one going through.

Thanks for the vote, looking forward to this one going through too.

Yet another bit of inspiration for folks thinking of joining and yet to vote can be found in Tony Oliver's Mirage IIICZ build here

The poll can be found here if you haven't voted yet

Here comes another one!

This time our fellow potential GB member Zhizhou with a magnificent rendition of the 1/32nd Italeri Mirage IIIC

Last time I looked we were level 1st with two other GB's - don't be the one who let us slip out of contention by not voting, you'll find the poll here!

In the meantime, congratulations to Zhizhou on his Mirage IIIC!

3 hours ago, PaulT 876 said:

Voted

Hope we can stay in the lead.

Paul

Thanks Paul, fingers crossed eh!

By way of a change, I'm not going to link to a Mirage in RFI today, oh no, you lucky people get to see Ilking's 1/48th AMK Kfir

Remember Kfirs, Fingers, Daggers, Neshers, Cheetahs and Panteras are also welcome in this GB so if you fancy making one of those please remember to vote just here

22 hours ago, Smudge said:

Vote cast.

We seem to be doing ok. Which is nice.

Thanks for voting Smudge!

For any of you thinking of making Eduard's 1/48th Mirage IIIC in this GB Stéphane has posted some useful improvement to the stalky undercarriage on this kit, the details can be found here

In case you missed it his impressive Mirage IIICJ can be found just here

We're doing well in the poll but there's no time for complacency, if you haven't voted, I'll make it easy for you by providing this useful links

1 hour ago, Panos86 said:

This is an interesting GB, really tempting me to participate.

Just a question, do i have to take part in order to vote?

No, you don't have to take part to vote - although you'd be more than welcome to join.

Any Mirage and Mirage derivative such as a Pantera, Cheetah, Kfir, Nesher, Finger or Dagger is eligible from any operator.

Thank you Wez for your response.

I voted and wishing good luck for the GB. I would like to take part and if i do, i'll have to visit my workbench more often as i am having a couple of WIPs sitting for several months.

Can't be sure about participating but thinking of a 1/48 Italeri Mirage 2000C, not much complicated kit, in dessert camouflage.

Either way, i'm looking forward for the GB announcement and rules/deadlines.

:bye: