Mirage GB chat

Enzo the Magnificent

1 minute ago, Antoine said:

Patience is wot???

Does it hurt?

Thanks a lot!

Also related to the Pantera, I've got this in my stash.

I'd get it more than siww years ago from a friend on a French forum. He had some family connections in Brazil.

duarte10.jpg

Nice and very useful actually, the High Planes kit comes with two different intake splitter plates and I was wondering what there applied to what version of a Mirage IIIE/5, there's the Pantera type like those highlighted in the picture above and the regular type.  So that's that little bit of confusion cleared up.

Wez

Bonjour Antointe

The 1st place is Musee Europeen de l'Aviation de Chasse:Chemin Aerodrome 26200 Montelimar been quite a few times but not been since 2004 looks like a lot of new stuff done since then.

next is Musée Aéronautique d' Orange:Les Amis de la 5eme Escader de Chasse176 Rue des Pays-Bas ZAC Du Coudoulet Orange  Went last year for the 1st time great place the owner lets you take photos with no problem.

Then Château de Savigny-Lès-BeauneRue Général Leclerc21420 Savigny-lès-Beaune I have been about 4 times but not in the last few years.

and last Air and Space Museum  Aéroport de Paris-Le Bourget 93350 Le Bourget, been loads of times, last year was the last time.

We are staying at Beaune on the way there and back also staying in Orange on the way down then Hyeres over the show w/e.

A nice Boys on tour trip, we are in my new (to me) VW Estate that's 3 off us, 2 SIG,s stands and bags all in one car, miles more space than before as was a VW Corrado (still got).

Should have a great time at the show and all the places that we shall visit.

Paul

Antoine / Alex

I have been to Corbas a few times last year was the last time, was planning to pop in but they do not open till 14.00 hrs and I want to be in Montelimar at that time as they open at 14.00 hrs also so this year opted to go there instead.I might pop in on the way passed just to see if they will open for us !! as you say it,s only about 2km off the main A46 at J15 up the D57.

They also have a Mirage  F1 EQ6 there that they have done up in French colours it was a a/c that has 0 hrs and was not finished I have some photos un-painted it was I think one of the 2 Iran a/c that was not delivered . The Jags are nice there also they have an 0 hrs Jag main U/C also. The a/c there I have loads of photos of.

I think I shall have to do a trip that has no shows just go to all the Musee I can get to in a week, that's a dream plan.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

As their seems to be little love for the Mirage IIIC I thought this might sway a few hearts and minds ...... 10-SD is the Italeri 1/32nd IIIC.   Ready in time for Telford.

Cheers,

Zhizhou

P1060461_zps2heb8kkx.jpg

P1060460_zpshwxexwdc.jpg

P1060463_zpssldc2zs4.jpg

• Like 4

17 hours ago, zhizhou said:

As their seems to be little love for the Mirage IIIC I thought this might sway a few hearts and minds ...... 10-SD is the Italeri 1/32nd IIIC.   Ready in time for Telford.

Cheers,

Zhizhou

Zhizhou,

You misunderstand, how can you NOT love a Mirage IIIC!  They're sooooooo pretty!!:wub:

However, it is quite limiting in terms of colour schemes which is why I prefer the IIIE/5 series, so many more options.

That said, you've done a lovely job with the Italeri IIIC, very impressive and more like that would be very welcome in the GB, thanks for sharing.

This scheme est très belle should you consider doing another...

640px-Mirage_IIIC_2-EQ.jpg 

Remember, we need your vote in November and there's plenty of room for more to join :D

Hi Antoine,

Thanks for looking, I'm glad you like 10-SD.  Although I do hope I have not made a grand mistake with my missile choice.  I'm sure I have seen a Bleu IIIC with 'winders'.  At times like this I wish I had the DTU Tome 1 IIIC/IIIB/IIIBE book to go check my references. 

Hi Wez,

Totally agree with you on the NMF finished IIICs.  I have spent a life time of modelling avoiding NMF because I'm so poor at them.  I guess one day I'll have to bite the bulllet and try again.  I will definitely be voting Mirage GB when the poll opens, you have my support.  I'll be ready to make a start on my Heller IVA and PJ Production 5F. 

cheers,

Zhizhou

I might be wrong but I think that some of the " silver " Mirage IIICs were painted or lacquered, probably as an anti-corrosion measure, so you could avoid the NMF problem.

I would also recommend a visit to the Chateau at Beaune if you are in the area ( just south of Dijon ). In addition to the aircraft in the park there are several buildings with racing cars and motorbikes and one which contains lots of aero engines and several nose sections with complete cockpits even down to the parachute packs in the seats. You can also get some very nice wine at the Chateau.

John

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Biggles87 said:

I might be wrong but I think that some of the " silver " Mirage IIICs were painted or lacquered, probably as an anti-corrosion measure, so you could avoid the NMF problem.

I would also recommend a visit to the Chateau at Beaune if you are in the area ( just south of Dijon ). In addition to the aircraft in the park there are several buildings with racing cars and motorbikes and one which contains lots of aero engines and several nose sections with complete cockpits even down to the parachute packs in the seats. You can also get some very nice wine at the Chateau.

John

John,

Thanks for that recommendation - it ticks all of my boxes, particularly the combination of aircraft and wine!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Biggles87 said:

John

John,

For clarification, I take it you are talking about Château de Savigny-Lès-Beaune? They certainly have a lot of planes parked in their back garden otherwise...

Yes, that's the one. Unfortunately some of the aircraft are in a poor state now, paint wise but it's still worth a visit, if only to give you ideas about extreme weathering.

There's also a line of aircraft on a ' terrace '  above the main group which are not cordoned off and can be examined closely, or at least that was the case when I was there in May.

John

5 hours ago, Biggles87 said:

Yes, that's the one. Unfortunately some of the aircraft are in a poor state now, paint wise but it's still worth a visit, if only to give you ideas about extreme weathering.

There's also a line of aircraft on a ' terrace '  above the main group which are not cordoned off and can be examined closely, or at least that was the case when I was there in May.

John

We're planning on heading down that way next summer so it's a possibility...

...anyway, looking forward to the GB, if you've got a 1/48th Heller IIIB/C you could always try this colour scheme for a IIIB.

Dassault_Mirage_IIIB,_France_-_Air_Force

If you like Mirages, Fingers, Daggers, Kfirs, Panteras, Cheetahs or anything else Mirage based, then this is the GB for you in 2017!

Vote for this GB in November's poll to make it a reality!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, zhizhou said:

Hi Antoine,

Thanks for looking, I'm glad you like 10-SD.  Although I do hope I have not made a grand mistake with my missile choice.  I'm sure I have seen a Bleu IIIC with 'winders'.

Indeed, I'm wrong, and you're right!

10 hours ago, kpc7676 said:

I'm interested for sure!

Kev,

You're added to the list!

2 hours ago, stevehnz said:

I can't see my name on the original list but I'd be keen to be into this with a 1/72 Heller Mk III done as the Belgian Mk V option.

Steve.

Steve,

You're there (No.51).  Would love to see a Belgian 5BA or BR

Here's the current list, all those names in red have signed up for 2017.

1. hgbn

2. Mozzy19

3. Procopius

4. Graeme H

5. Smudge

6. Mish

7. Cliff B

8. Col.

9. Jabba

10. Rob G

11. Giorgio N

12. Wez (co-host)

13. Lex77

14. Lawnguylander

15. Hardtarget

16. AngstROM

17. Andrew

18. Caerbannog

19. somtec

20. trickyrich

21. PaulT 876

22. Flyingdutchman

23. Moggy

24. TEMPESTMK5

25. Modelling Minion

26. TrojanThunder

27. Antoine

28. Marlin

29. Enzo Matrix (co-host)

30. Supertom

31. jrlx

32. Arniec

33. specky

34. Lightningboy2000

35. bad edd

36. Avgas

37. Sean M

38. jb65rams

39. franky boy

40. Ginger Bob

41. Bubbasparksuk

42. The Plastic Surgeon

43. MirageIV

44. Zhizhou

45. PhantomBigStu

46. Mountain Goat

47. AntPhillips

48. Gary West

49. Mitchem

50. Biggles87

51. Stevehnz

52. Alex

53. VG33

54. DDELK

55. Tiger331

56. Ali62

57. Exdraken

58. Tony Tiger66

59.  kpc7676

Plenty of room for more, remember to vote for us in November's poll.

29 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

Thanks Wez, must have been looking at the wrong list, easy to get lost in these long GB threads, easier for some than others too. ;)

Steve.

As Enzo started the thread I can't go in and edit the original list at the beginning of the thread.

I know Enzo says there's no need to keep the list live as we're in the poll but I think prospective contributors like to see a current list.

The main thing is the vote in November, we need those as there is strong competition (as always).

• Like 2

Latest iteration of the superb Special Hobby kit, the Mirage F.1CR - I particularly like the funky desert scheme!

Special Hobby Mirage F.1CR

A fine subject for the GB in 2017 - go on!  You know you want to...

...remember to vote for the Mirage GB in November's poll!

• Like 1

Anyone seeking inspiration should look here at Reini's Hobby Boss Mirage IIICJ - superb work.

Of course this or any of the Israeli Mirage derivatives would be hugely welcome in the Mirage GB!

Remember to vote for us when the poll opens on 29th October, no wavering, no cold feet (yes PhantomBigStu, I am particularly talking to you)!

• Like 1

Right folks as I said above, the polls for selecting the GB's for 2017 open this coming Saturday, the 29th of October, they'll close at the latest on the 27th of November.

This year there is a huge and varied choice, just make sure this one is in the top 6 by adding your vote in the poll.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with how this works, follow this this linky where Enzo explains it all!

As I've thought of a theme for my builds involving a Mirage 5F and an F.1CT, I really hope this one goes ahead!

We are counting on you and as many of your family and friends we can muster (persuade, bully or cajole :whistle:)