Mirage GB chat

Enzo the Magnificent

I've brought a mirage finally, will it last unbuild till this? Nah I'll build it then buy a heller mirage iv for the GB

Good man!

Gotta love the Mirage IV, just so damned elegant!

Have you spotted this?

Atlas%20Cheetah%20-%20Cheetah%20C%20Spec

It's an Atlas Cheetah, a Mirage III variant, you could make it using this conversion http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235005609-148-atlas-cheetah-c-resin-conversion-set-for-kinetics-kfir-by-scaleworx-test-fit-release-in-2016/

Ecuador operates Cheetahs currently, Chile used some as a source of spares for their Panteras.

A Cheetah would be eligible for the Mirage GB in 2017, join us, if you don't join us at least vote for this GB in the poll.

EDIT: To remove an erroneous reference to Chile as a Cheetah operator :doh:

Edited by Wez
  • Like 1

Chile operate Cheetah?

Aah you've got me there, I should really learn to read stuff properly. It seems they bought 5 Cheetahs and used them as a source of spares for their Panteras.

So technically yes but in reality no - I'll go back and edit that. Thanks for picking me up on that one! :whistle:

On the other side, they bought ex-Belgians Mirage 5.

IIRC they went through a bit of modernization, can't remember the name.

Apparently some were updated by SABCA at quite considerable expense to the Belgian government before being sold at a loss to the Chileans, if you google Mirage 5 Chile there's plenty of them wearing what looks like the late Belgian wraparound scheme.

Chile upgraded some Mirages to the Elkan standard, I don't know if this included the ex-Belgian aircraft.

I've brought a mirage finally, will it last unbuild till this? Nah I'll build it then buy a heller mirage iv for the GB

And on that note, might start it next, once I decide quite which shades of green and grey in my stock is best, RAF, Federal Standard or what revell suggest.....or mix n match

And on that note, might start it next, once I decide quite which shades of green and grey in my stock is best, RAF, Federal Standard or what revell suggest.....or mix n match

Discussed recently here http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235004540-mirage-iv-colours/?hl=mirage

As PhantomBigStu mentioned MirageIV's...

Dassault_Mirage_IVP,_France_-_Air_Force_

If you've got any Mirages or Mirage derivatives in the stash... ...or even if you haven't for that matter, you could always buy some to take part in the Mirage GB for 2017.

Edited by Wez
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Good afternoon

Just seen that some Gbs already have dates for 2017 (MiG 29 ,F 15 , F104 etc.. ) and I would like to know when we'll start this Gb ?

The GBS you have mentioned are all STGB. This one isn't and so needs to go into the poll at the end of the year.

• Like 1

Good afternoon

Just seen that some Gbs already have dates for 2017 (MiG 29 ,F 15 , F104 etc.. ) and I would like to know when we'll start this Gb ?

Patrice

Well...

My understanding is that as this covers multiple types of Mirage, it needs to go to the group build vote in around November / December time to see if it gets a place in next years GB calendar.

Jb

...what he said...

The GBS you have mentioned are all STGB. This one isn't and so needs to go into the poll at the end of the year.

...which means...

Hi Jb and Enzo

Thank you ..

Patrice

...we need your vote!

Not just Patrice's - everyone's!!!

Don't forget when the time comes... :fight:

Hi Enzo,

I was pretty sure it was written somewhere, but... could not find it in all the pined threads.

I could have missed something, but maybe time for a clean-up has come?

A couple of really inspirational WIP's here for anyone interested in building a 1/72nd Mirage F.1 for this GB...

...there's Pin's build of the venerable Hasegawa F.1C here... http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235001967-mirage-f-1c-ile-de-france-172-complete/

...and Jay's build of the new Special Hobby F.1B with lots of useful gen for anyone thinking of building on of these... http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235005350-special-hobby-172-mirage-f1b-numero-505/

If you haven't signed up and like Mirage F.1's, then this is the 2017 GB for you! Forsake all others and vote Mirage GB in the poll in November!!

If you don't like Mirage F.1's then you need some therapy and some inspiration...

Mirage-F1B.JPG

What's not to like - it's so pretty :wub:

• Like 3

I might be in, if so, I would build the Mirage 2000C from Tamiya/Italeri. Not sure about decals, most probably OOB, but I think we will have a trade section where we can share surplus decal options? ;)

Alex

I might be in, if so, I would build the Mirage 2000C from Tamiya/Italeri. Not sure about decals, most probably OOB, but I think we will have a trade section where we can share surplus decal options? ;)

Alex

Alex,

Not an unreasonable proposition re decal swaps, it's been done in previous GB's.

A Mirage 2000 would be most welcome.

Even if you decide not to join can we count on your vote?

That's a purely hypothetical question - of course you'll be joining!

Edited by Wez

well, after having read some reviews of the Mirage 2000, I think I will join with one of the superb new Special Hobby Mirage F.1. Not sure yet what version, I would like one of the old blue F.1C, but maybe a CR (with the little prince) or a CT with the coat of arms of Colmar. We'll see...

Alex

• Like 1

Well, this is mostly the story of 1/33 Belfort, but there's plenty of Mirage, both IIIR and F1CR

Antoine,

Many, many thanks for posting this - I've only watched the first 7 minutes but as I shouldn't really be on BM but doing my Maths assignment I can't watch more ATM.

What a fantastic array of aircraft types you see in that time, I particularly like the RF-84F's!

Fantastic snippets of F.1 detail in that time too!

Once I've got the assignment out of the way I'll spare myself the hour to watch it!