Mirage GB chat

Enzo the Magnificent

57 minutes ago, Arniec said:

I had a show yesterday and what did I find?!?!  A ESCI 1/48 Mirage F1 for under a tenner!!! Now I need to get a list for some ad ons. I was thinking at a new cockpit, new exhaust and some new undercarriage legs. Luckely they are still available.

Cheers,

I built one in my teens! I was absolutely amazed at the level of detail, at the time, especially in the cockpit (decals for the instrument panel) :)

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arniec said:

I had a show yesterday and what did I find?!?!  A ESCI 1/48 Mirage F1 for under a tenner!!! Now I need to get a list for some ad ons. I was thinking at a new cockpit, new exhaust and some new undercarriage legs. Luckely they are still available.

Cheers,

It's still a very serviceable kit with good shape and panel lines, what does let it down these days are the cockpit and the exhaust - alternatives are fortunately available, likewise the undercarriage, it always struck me as a bit delicate in plastic, a metal one should stand you in good stead!

4 minutes ago, jrlx said:

I built one in my teens! I was absolutely amazed at the level of detail, at the time, especially in the cockpit (decals for the instrument panel) :)

Cheers

Jaime

I always used to seek out Esci kits when I was younger, some like the Mirage F.1 were great, others like the F-5E slightly disappointing.  I used to love the decals for the instrument panels but as I got more competent with my brush work I wished for raised details like those in Monogram kits.

It would be great to see the Esci F.1 in this GB.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good morning all

Can someone confirm that the AMK Kfir (wich should be available very soon ) is elligible for this Gb ? 

Patrice

Patrice,

The answer is YES!

I'm looking forward to seeing Columbian or Ecuadorian examples in this GB (other nationalities are available).

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Wez said:

Patrice,

The answer is YES!

I'm looking forward to seeing Columbian or Ecuadorian examples in this GB (other nationalities are available).

Hi Wez

Thank you for your confirmation ..

I think that I will try one of these with a new  Mirage IIIE

And a Special Hobby Mirage F1CR http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234951763-172-dassault-mirage-f-1-family-by-special-hobby-f-1bcgcech-released-f-1cr-on-approach/&page=11

Patrice

5 hours ago, Wez said:

Patrice,

The answer is YES!

I will probably build a Sri Lankan Kfir. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We've a while to go before the GB starts in June but that's plenty of time to mooch through the stash, check the references and find out where you'd put those decals!

In the meantime, can I recommend you take a look at Exterminatus' RFI which shows what wonders can be achieved with the old 1/48th Heller Mirage IV

2 hours ago, CYA said:

Count me in, finally an opportunity to build that Mirage IV with the beautiful Syhart Decals for the "C'est fini" version.

You'll be more than welcome, especially with a Mirage IV!

The GB doesn't start until June, plenty of time for you to source those decals and any after market bits you may fancy.

Hey Mirage fans!

Take a look at Mike (mitchem's) build of the Kitty Hawk 1/48th Mirage F1 in the EC 3/12 Cornouailles disbandment scheme, he's done a fabulous job which can be seen here!

Hopefully he hasn't tired of Mirages and will enter one in the GB.

15 hours ago, Wez said:

Hopefully he hasn't tired of Mirages and will enter one in the GB.

Cheers Wez.

Let's just say that entrant Number 49 has just completed his warming up exercise for the GB ! :D

(Dare I say, standby for something a bit more exotic ?)

mike

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mitchem said:

Cheers Wez.

Let's just say that entrant Number 49 has just completed his warming up exercise for the GB ! :D

(Dare I say, standby for something a bit more exotic ?)

mike

Well Mike, you'll be more than welcome.

• 1 month later...

I hope it is not too late to add my name to the list.

I got a few Mirages on the stash and I think this GB is a great excuse to get them built.

Count me in.

Adrian

• Like 1

The GB starts 0n 24th June and runs until 27th October, anyone is free to join at any point right up to the bitter end if they think they can blitz build a Mirage!

Adrianm2, as Enzo said - welcome!

Hardtarget - keep that interest going, we'd love to see what you can do!

Wez

2 hours ago, Flyingdutchman said:

Read the update in the OP my name is listed as #22 but I'm still in the game for the GB!!

Cheers, Evert

Good man Evert!

We look forward to seeing what you come up with!  June will be with us soon enough.

Wez

I went shopping for just some groceries, but found a Revell (Italeri) Tigermeet 2000C for under a tenner. You know what happened next... I know it's a dawg of a kit but then I'm no better as a kit builder either 👍. Allons V-P! An Italian kit of a French plane in a German lousy blue end opening box, to be built by a Finn at a British modelling forum - top that, please 😎 V-P

• Like 2

Not too sure if Whifs can be included, I forgot to check that.

If so, I'll go for another subject for the GB, but this III-V will be Whifed anyway.

Not in French marking for sure, but as I like to keep Whif credible, an RAF machine could be an option.