Mirage GB chat

Enzo the Magnificent

...here's a Venezuelan 50EV for inspiration (isn't it lovely)?!!

:wub:

I think we should aim for at least one model from each country in your list. I'm looking particularly at Ecuador, Gabon and Sri Lanka.

• Like 1

I think we should aim for at least one model from each country in your list. I'm looking particularly at Ecuador, Gabon and Sri Lanka.

Absolutely agree, I'm definitely doing a Les Blues Mirage F1B but after that I'm up for doing something more rive gauche - does anyone do decals for Venezuelan Mirages?

• Like 1

Your wish is my command, here's an Ecuadorian F.1 loaded for anything...

MirageF1.jpg

If you like aircraft loaded up with bullets and bombs then this is the GB for you, Mirages carried/carry plenty of weird and wonderful stores!

Edited by Wez
  • Like 3

Nice picture.

Never seen that, Durandal together with Python 3 and Magic II.

Remind me of F1EQx with Atlis pod and Kh-29.

Sounds like you've chosen your subject Antoine?

• Like 1

Do you really think it's time?

No, but there's no harm wishing :winkgrin:

Edited by Wez

I could possibly have my arm twisted to build a Gabonese F1AZ, got the kit (an old ESCI one) and could probably find or mask some national markings, not sure what stenciling etc will be required.

• Like 2

I could possibly have my arm twisted to build a Gabonese F1AZ, got the kit (an old ESCI one) and could probably find or mask some national markings, not sure what stenciling etc will be required.

I was going to say that they probably kept their South African stencilling but then I remembered that the official language of Gabon is French, so I'm going to hazard a guess and say French.

I had a look at some Gabonese Mirages on line earlier, I'd quite forgotten they'd taken on the SA F1AZ's, it came as a bit of surprise seeing as I was expecting Mirage 5's!

• Like 1

Found a couple of pics which might help a bit, and also a pic of one sold to the Congolese Air Force! Oooooohhhh temptingly rare!

Now that I'd like to see!

Should I add Congo to the list of operators?

Edited by Wez

Here's a pic,

http://i68.servimg.com/u/f68/09/01/03/16/12552710.jpg

Add them to the list Wez!

Done!

There's so much variety with Mirages, I thought the French had the best colour schemes but now I'm beginning to think some of the more obscure operators offer the more interesting colour schemes.

Edited by Wez
  • Like 1

That's right.

Unless the Mirage in question was French-used only (I think about the IV and the IIIRD for exemple), the most interesting schemes comes from foreign air forces. And as we've just seen, maybe also the most interesting loadouts.

Having just taken delivery of a Special Hobby Mirage F.1C (the simple version), and an F.1B, I was looking for something a little different and came up with these little tigers...

Mirage-F1-Spanish-NATO-Tigermeet-2011-Ma

Beauties aren't they.

Any Mirage (I-IV, 5, 50, F.1, F.2, 2000 or 4000), or Mirage derivative (Dagger, Nesher, Finger, Kfir, Cheetah, Pantera etc), from a long list of operators are welcome.

• Like 3

With the news that AMK are going to release Kfir's in 1/72nd (see here for details http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235004629-172-iai-c2c7-kfir-by-amk-avantgarde-model-kits-progress/ )

So the question is...

...coffee? Columbian??

Avi%C3%B3n_kfir_c-13.jpg

Or tea...

...Sri Lankan?

KfirC7_SFM5208.jpg

So I'm thinking a French F.1 in the classic blue scheme and a Kfir from one of these operators...

Plenty of choice in the Mirage GB for 2017 - come and join us and vote for it in November!

• Like 1

I still have four of the veteran Hasegawa kits in The Stash. Won't stop me from buying the AMK kit though...

That's the spirit! :thumbsup:

If you're looking for a bit of inspiration there are plenty of Aussie options on these two 1/48th decal sheets by Caracal...

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/CD48067

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/CD48097

Would go nicely with the Kinetic or Italeri (ex ESCI) kits

Edited by Wez

Yes. :)

Steve

I mean, I'll be in.

Great! Welcome on board Steve...

1. hgbn

2. Mozzy19

3. Procopius

4. Graeme H

5. Smudge

6. Mish

7. Cliff B

8. Col.

9. Jabba

10. Rob G

11. Giorgio N

12. Wez (co-host)

13. Lex77

14. Lawnguylander

15. Hardtarget

16. AngstROM

17. Andrew

18. Caerbannog

19. somtec

20. trickyrich

21. PaulT 876

22. Flyingdutchman

23. Moggy

24. TEMPESTMK5

25. Modelling Minion

26. TrojanThunder

27. Antoine

28. Marlin

29. Enzo Matrix (co-host)

30. Supertom

31. jrlx

32. Arniec

33. specky

34. Lightningboy2000

35. bad edd

36. Avgas

37. Sean M

38. jb65rams

39. franky boy

40. Ginger Bob

41. Bubbasparksuk

42. The Plastic Surgeon

43. MirageIV

44. Zhizhou

45. PhantomBigStu

46. Mountain Goat

47. AntPhillips

48. Gary West

49. Mitchem

50 Biggles87

51. Stevehnz

That's 40 on the current list but there's always room for some more.

Any Mirage or aircraft derived from a Mirage, any operator, any time is welcome.

Edited by Wez