Mirage GB chat

Enzo the Magnificent

Would have to be a special scheme for me

My thoughts too...

P1090216_zpszcz5clrp.jpg

Please let me down gently though regarding the quality of the kit (it did only cost me £2 secondhand though)!

Cliff

• Like 1

Hi

See my post 34 ref the Revell 72nd boxing of this kit.

Paul

'Thanks' Paul, I missed your original post! So just a minor discrepency really....

Looks like it will be the camouflaged III R option then (unless anyone else wants to get 'picky' over Revell's interpretation of that one too :winkgrin: )!

Cheers

Cliff

Hi Cliff
That's fine, just did not want you to be told that once you have finished it.
There are loads of special schemes decals in 72nd for the Mirage IIIE/R/RD.

Paul

• Like 1

Given the amount of extra mirage kits I'm going to very likely be buying just to accurize the ones I have for the French fancy group build, I will deffinately be able to put my hat in the ring for this build!

Rich

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Argentine Mirage III CJ?!

when do we start?

We still have to get through the poll in November.

Absolutely! :thumbsup:

Just came across this thread. I will throw my hat into the ring with an RAAF Mirage.

Probably something from Williamtown airbase (circa 1970s), not far from where I am living these days. This could involve a short research expedition to Fighter World where there appears to be an IIIO and an IIID on display.

Now if I could only find a 1/72 Lamborghini Countach I could do a diorama of that drag race between Mirage and Countach in the late 1970s.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Whell, I am in as well. I think I have somwhere a old Matchbox IIIB lying around and a Eduard IIICJ. Maybee a Esci Kfir as well.

Boy oh boy I am in big strouble next year with all these GB's. :banghead::mental::yikes:

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I got a really great decal sheet from Matterhorn Circle in middle of April.

Just need some bits 'n' pieces for a Mirage IIIS that visited our air base in the early 90's.

_912-14.jpg

btw, I'm still in but not in the list yet...

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

I could be interested given I've kind of enjoyed the Italeri Mirage F1.C I'm doing in the French Fancy group build.....

.....well I say its an Italeri model, but to be honest given that the kit isn't exactly stellar in quality and I've ended up replacing the cockpit, intakes and rear exhaust with resin, and I've scratch built some PE air brakes as well as the missiles, external aerials and pitots and a few bits of the gear, I'm not sure its fair to still call it an Italeri Mirage F1.C anymore! :coolio:

Still another excuse to build something out of my normal scope might be fun.

FB

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Some sprue shots of the new RV Aircraft Mirage IIIC kit.

The sprues have parts for both the IIIC and IIIE. A minor problem is that the main gear bay doors are bulged, which is only suitable for the IIIE.

001.jpg

002.jpg

The rear fuselage of the IIIC is included as a resin part. The eyelid exhaust parts are in plastic.

003.jpg

The decals are rather disappointing. For some odd reason, the blue of the two different sets of French roundels are different colours. The roundels are all out of register as are the SAAF springbok insignia and all the stencilling. Mirage III decals are a bit thin on the ground at the moment, so lets hope someone comes up with an aftermarket sheet. I have deliberately blurred this shot.

004.jpg

Optional forward fuselages for the IIIE and IIIC.

005.jpg

I don't think that the panel lines and rivets are too obtrusive. They should look okay under a coat of primer.

006.jpg

I rather like the kit (decal sheet excepted) so I'm a bit concerned that there will only be 1000 of each kit produced.