1/76 M16 Halftrack. Revell ex Matchbox Pic heavy

In 1944, 3 British Commando's decided that they had had enough of bimbling round Europe on foot. Luckily they came across an M16 with the keys left in & engine running. Being Churchill's best they did what they did best & liberated the vehicle. On finding a garage they qued the music & modified the van, adding roof bars, PSP planking & a spot light. The large white stars didn't fit in with their low key approach so some black paint was applied.

IMG_0786_zpsprghcs7b.jpgIMG_0787_zpsqqsjccaw.jpgIMG_0788_zpsrmqv06py.jpgIMG_0789_zpsbebofwfy.jpgIMG_0790_zpsc1eug624.jpgIMG_0791_zpscwmbslo8.jpgIMG_0792_zpsukayoqz6.jpgIMG_0793_zpsf9f7jxpy.jpgIMG_0795_zpstxiuksbu.jpgIMG_0796_zps5ig4zqhc.jpgIMG_0798_zpsrinsjhb5.jpg

This is my first Amour build (mostly build aircraft). I really enjoyed it. Spray painted Humbrol 30 from a rattle can, It was weathered using Flory light dust wash,& AK pigments. The aerial is made from a paint brush & the PSP is the foil from my old razor.

Please leave comments & anything I can improve on, as I have the Tamiya 1/35 M16 Halftrack to build.

Thanks for looking

Edited by Hockeyboy76
  • Like 8

Impressive little scene! Although i am not a great fan of 1/76 armor (for some reason, I like 1/72.... Don't ask!), this piece is rather fetching.

Even seen through the unforgiving eye of a macro lens, it really is just smashing!

Well done

JR

• Like 1

I was wondering what you've been up to Hockeyboy, glad to have tracked this down.

Very cool dio!

Cheers cookie,

Been keeping busy between GB's, this & another Eggplane & pilot ( named of course). Keep an eye open for it in RFI in a few weeks.