1/48 Hobbyboss Ta 152 C-11 "What If"

Brewer

Thanks for the tip, Anders! I was reluctant to try thinning with anything but AK's thinners because I assumed the paint was a similar formula to Vallejo, but I did notice the smell of isopropyl in AK's thinner last night so I'm thinking it's completely different stuff. I'll have to give the Tamiya thinner a shot.

BTW, huge fan of your profile page - I check it often to see what new stuff you post :thumbsup2:

Ok one last progress shot. Tried out Uschi van der Rosten's elastic rigging line in the "Fine" size for the aerial antenna. I'd say it worked well

16901002721_566fd06f25_b.jpg

And one bonus shot tonight of the finished build. More to be posted in Ready For Inspection

16876113406_ccd77753b9_b.jpg

• Like 2

16146288850_83c1fe61c5_b.jpg

Fantastic work!

One more question.

On this picture, all the panel lines seems to be hilighted in white.

I understand you did all the riveting, but did you also rework those panel lines?

And if the answer is yes, is there's a specific purpose, other than giving the whole thing a very nice look on the pictures?

I did lightly rescribe the panel lines just to ensure they were crisp and uniform in width and depth. As with the rivets, they look white in the pic because they are full of sanding dust

• Like 1