1/48 Hobbyboss Ta 152 C-11 "What If"

Brewer

Thanks! Finish is still a ways off. Next I'm painting the wing roots black, then painting all of the insignia and markings. I'll only use a handful of decals, pretty much just stencils

And then of course - the weathering :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Haha somebody asks this in every thread I post. The stand is from FlightPose.com

Very nice work!

I've a question, from where did you get this transparent stand?

I prefer vinyl masks over decals whenever possible, like these from Miracle Paint Masks. As you can see they're reusable, these were use previously on another build. They're quick and easy, you can color-match and fade, no worrying about decal setting solutions, etc etc.
The strips of paper around the edge are just something I do to make the masks easier to place, minimize adhesive contact except where necessary, and act as extra masking. I didn't use anything more than what you see to mask and spray
16824563761_551cc98310_b.jpg
Edited by Brewer
  • Like 3

Trying out the Panel Line Wash from AMMO of Mig Jimenez, here you can see the two panels that have been done. Very pleased with how well these work so far

16252606963_d197037034_b.jpg

Washes done, overall very pleased with the PLW sets.

16250226064_31568be980_b.jpg

Next up is my absolute favorite part of every build - the flat coat. Now, should I stick with what I know and do the dead-flat Alclad Klear Kote, or try out the AMMO Matte Varnish?

Edited by Brewer
  • Like 2

I think what you're saying is the ailerons need to be faded, which they are, along with the rest of the control surfaces. Maybe not enough for your liking?

Ah, my favorite step - flat coat and unmasking. Now it really comes to life. Couldn't be happier with the way the AK-Interactive Ultra Matte Varnish performed. After the last bottle of my "old formula" Polyscale flat ran out I have spent years looking for a good replacement and I've finally found one. It's acrylic, sprays beautifully, doesn't clog, doesn't frost, durable to handling, and it's dead flat. Everything I want!

16667561557_4143065337_b.jpg

16254896073_0e8a788b82_b.jpg

Edited by Brewer
  • Like 4

I can see on rudder but on wings ailerones no.When you have two surface one aluminium wings and one cloth control surfaces the same colors are diferent.Luftwaffe planes have protective color Red oxide Rlm45-anti fungal on cloth.Sorry my English is no good.

Edited by Reserve_22
  • Like 1

Cool build! Nice to see such a creative yet plausible What if build. It's looking really good.

Regarding fine work with AK interactive colors, I thinned them heavily with Tamiya acrylic thinner with good results.

/ Anders