1/48 Hobbyboss Ta 152 C-11 "What If"

Brewer

Hi guys, thanks for the tips. I have used Dymo tape a bit on curved surfaces but I still find it very difficult to get the riveting tool to follow a straight line. Brewer, you must have a steady hand! I'm hopeful my self-made tool will make things easier...will report back!

Cheers

James

Thanks guys!

Small update, I sliced off the nose to accommodate the Quickboost cowl with its corrected radiator. Still some more seams to fill and mistakes to fix but it should be ready for paint soon!

16429548439_f0a368cbf2_b.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

After a few steps backwards due to poor planning with the Quickboost nose (splitting the fuselage and wing root seams), I'm finally back on track

Now it's time for the fun part!

16540067767_4dd5f07faa_b.jpg

Ok, finally getting some color on this bird. Started off with a coat of "primer", which is just a thin coat of Tamiya XF-20 Medium Grey. Then I spray the RLM 23 tail band with a custom mix of Tamiya (XF-7 + XF-10 eyeballed)

16562979397_8b5c1a8245_b.jpg

Next up was the RLM 04 lower cowl, again a Tamiya mix (XF-3 + a drop of XF-7 to warm it up)

16147942564_8cfd343197_b.jpg

And I love doing spinner spirals so I went ahead and knocked that out using a leftover Montex mask from a previous build

16769090861_a9244b227d_b.jpg

Time to mask off the cowl and tail band and spray some RLM 76!

• Like 2

They are great once you get them properly thinned. However, they're best for broad coverage. With Tamiya or Gunze I can paint a pencil line just fine, but that's not the case for these "Vallejo style" paints. At least not for me...

• Like 1

Expanding on my previous comment on the AK paints, I like to spray my RAF and RLM camo patterns freehand and I don't think I would be able to achieve an acceptable demarcation line with these paints. Maybe, but not likely, I would have to use raised masks. I should be able to get away with doing my usual paint fading work on this build since it's overall RLM 76

Hi, Brewer,

Lookin' good so far ! I've always wanted to try thre AK interactive RLM series simply because I've heard you can thin them with water .......so I was hoping there might be less volatile fumes. I spray outside with a respirator but sometimes I'm still very sensitive to fumes .Can you thin them with water ? What kind of thinner do you use with them ?

-Disappointing to hear they don't spray as fine as Tamiya or Gunze but I'd still like to give them a go for myself.

All the best for the rest of the build.

Cheers,

Peter