F-104G D-8331 RNLAF

mess

Hi all,

I plan to build F-104G D-8331 from picture below.

F104G_D8331_312sq_EHTW_15SEP1979_met_haa

There's some yellow painting on its tail. Is here anyone with photo of this painting or any good photo on this machine?

Many thanks in advance!

Martin

• Like 1

The squadron badge on the tail is from 312 Squadron, not 323, and the yellow marking on the fuselage is a zap from 315 Squadron. It's a lion head.

Dutch Decal does a sheet with this F-104 on it, including the sharkmouth and the 315 Sqn. zap. Sheet number is 48043/1.

Oh, btw, the Revell kit had a zap from 1. Staffel, JaBoG 32 (the old style, not the current tiger one) on this location instead. I don't know when this zap was placed, and if this one was actually carried or that Revell is wrong. I do have another pic that shows the 315 Sqn lion's head a bit clearer, so at least that was carried for some time. You could always do it without the zap, as I'm sure it flew like that too.

Edited by Creepy Pete

Revell has some mistakes in it's marking (btw, did you see mouth interpretation with cannon muzzle cutoff on both sides? :) ).

I love this configuration with lion zap.

Thanks for your notes!

This particular D-8331 also had 6 yellow starfighters zapped on the starboard side above the 'D'. If you have trouble finding the lion decal for the zapp on port side, please know that the Starfighter also has flown without it.

Cheers Evert

This particular D-8331 also had 6 yellow starfighters zapped on the starboard side above the 'D'. If you have trouble finding the lion decal for the zapp on port side, please know that the Starfighter also has flown without it.

Cheers Evert

I have one photo of starboard side with starfighters and mouth, but without tricolor on vertical stabilizer. Do you have one with both starfs and tricolor?