More new Thunderbirds toys

I must admit the new TB1, 2 and 4 (maybe 5) are growing on me. TB3 still looks like Lego.

TB 2's wings were always a blunder in the pod bay department. Seems that the new guys have cottoned on and sorted it.

The different views of the toy TB2 only help make it look better - well, to me anyway.

I remember saying long ago, that if the new TB 2 had a kind of 'Alien Drop-ship' look about it, it would be good.

To my eyes, that's just what they have done.

Roy.

Edited by roymattblack
  • Like 1

Not keen on the TB2 shape… it's got a sad fat face.

That said I'll not be watching this anyway I guess…

No I just need to have a word with JJ about those new x wing shapes in the Star Wars trailer… guess I don't like change after all! :nono:

More toys in close up.

TB2 looks pretty good now that it can be seen from different angles.

Sadly the toys are a bit 'too' toyish with mega-deep panel lines and join seams etc so even the big TB2 - 16" long - won't be much good for detailing etc.

Hopefully the plastic kits will be better, and just as big!

The action figures - well, they look like action figures.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015-01-21/thunderbirds-are-go-toys-offer-a-sneak-peak-of-redesigned-vehicles-and-new-tracy-island

Roy.

I do not like any messing about with TB2! That said, this is actually the best looking revamp yet. This seems to be more of a refinement of the classic shape rather than a redesign as seen previously. I would even go as far as saying that I'd buy a kit of it.

I do not like any messing about with TB2! That said, this is actually the best looking revamp yet. This seems to be more of a refinement of the classic shape rather than a redesign as seen previously. I would even go as far as saying that I'd buy a kit of it.

You probably couldn't get much more 'dyed in the wool' than me regarding Thunderbirds...

The 2005 film was an utter travesty and I was none too pleased when I heard the new series was being 'updated' from the old.

However, having seen the new craft, the (short) teaser, the Island and a few model shots, I'm actually looking forward to seeing it.

Mind you, I'm still pretty unimpressed with the five Tracey bros.

To me, they are too 'modern' formulaic hero stereotype teenagers. They could actually be out of any recent kids adventure series.

They don't LOOK like International Rescue figures.

Not 'unique' looking enough.

But yes, if they make a decent sized TB2 kit, I'll buy one as well.

I actually quite like the new vehicles - excepting TB L3go.

Roy.

Edited by roymattblack
  • Like 1

The guy who did the voice for Captain Scarlet, Francis Matthews has just died. i just read that at the bottom of that TB link page.

I wish they'd made this when I wanted these things. Anyway if a boy wants todays TB outfit its brilliant ! They wont know the original so it wont matter. I have some scale issues!! Its not been made for me though has it?

And I still haven't got a Johnny Seven Gun!

Edited by bzn20

I thought, when I saw it,something wasn't right. I used to confuse him with another actor and thought that it was him I was confusing it with! Should have gone to bed!

Deja vu,I think thats the second time I said that.

I'm not sure who it's aimed at, the number of 'adults' that are interested appears to be high.

Not sure if the junior audience has even heard of it yet.

I here that the plan is to shown it on both the children's channel as well as the main ITV channel, sounds like they are splitting the risk!

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

TB1 wings are too small and too low down on the fuselage. One of the reasons TB2 was able to fly was because of the curvature of the upper hull creating lift, now that's all but gone. TB3, well it's been said before. Looks like it could manage 100mph before the "bricks" start falling off.

As a brand new series it would probably be ok. As a relaunch*, it's abysmal.

• Like 1

I think the new characters just look totally stupid. I'm afraid I just burst out laughing when I saw them!! Only think missing is the codpieces!! :lol:. Still it's the hardware that matters. As far as any kits are concerned, yes, I hope they are a decent size. The "real" TB2 & TB3 were huge but a scale of 1/100 - 1/144 would still produce pretty impressive models .I'm prepared to reserve judgement on this although I am still not convinced by the short episodes. However, given that the average attention span of our "gimme now ,instant gratification" younger generation is somewhat less than the attention span of the average gnat, then 25 minutes might STILL be too long!

:D

Allan

Edited by Albeback52
  • Like 1

But yes, if they make a decent sized TB2 kit, I'll buy one as well.

I actually quite like the new vehicles - excepting TB L3go.

Roy.

Am just as "dyed in the wool " as you Roy!

I'd love a decent sized Zero-X or Fireflash or Mole or Firefly or TB1 or. TB2 or......................................!!!

My partner and I were watching "Trapped in the Sky" the other night and I think even she was impressed with the sight of that huge airliner trying to land on the speeding elevator cars!!.

Allan

ps - how about a decent sized kit of Sidewinder - remember that huge walking armoured assault vehicle? Gerry Anderson equivalent of the AT-AT!

• Like 2

Was that the thing that fell in a big hole? Not sure but I think that was the 1st TB on TV. Just checked it was the 2nd, 1st was mentioned by Albeback,Trapped in the sky. Must get the box set.

Edited by bzn20

TB1 wings are too small and too low down on the fuselage. One of the reasons TB2 was able to fly was because of the curvature of the upper hull creating lift, now that's all but gone. TB3, well it's been said before. Looks like it could manage 100mph before the "bricks" start falling off.

As a brand new series it would probably be ok. As a relaunch*, it's abysmal.

You think those TB's would have flown in real life?

I know that,honest I do! I was asking Floktor

Flektor quote

TB1 wings are too small and too low down on the fuselage. One of the reasons TB2 was able to fly was because of the curvature of the upper hull creating lift, now that's all but gone.

The new one won't, the old one could have.Or did,not sure.

Edited by bzn20
  • Like 1

Was that the thing that fell in a big hole? Not sure but I think that was the 1st TB on TV. Just checked it was the 2nd, 1st was mentioned by Albeback,Trapped in the sky. Must get the box set.

The series is a revelation on the new Japanese BDs - it's a big buy, but worth every penny. These remasters were supposed to have had a European release last year but didn't (UFO however did).

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%82%B5%E3%83%B3%E3%83%80%E3%83%BC%E3%83%90%E3%83%BC%E3%83%89-%E3%83%96%E3%83%AB%E3%83%BC%E3%83%AC%E3%82%A4%E3%83%BB%E3%82%B3%E3%83%AC%E3%82%AF%E3%82%BF%E3%83%BC%E3%82%BABOX-%E5%88%9D%E5%9B%9E%E7%94%9F%E7%94%A3%E9%99%90%E5%AE%9A-Blu-ray-%E5%B0%8F%E6%B2%A2%E9%87%8D%E9%9B%84/dp/B009AR2P9S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1423208483&sr=8-1&keywords=thunderbirds

What ever you do don't buy the ITV Studios BD set, it has the wrong aspect ratio and the remastering is not a patch on the newer set.

here is the Euro UFO BD set, for those interested (same remaster as the previous Japanese set?)

http://www.amazon.de/UFO-Weltraumkommando-S-H-D-O-Gesamtedition/dp/B00NMXE0N0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1423208937&sr=8-1&keywords=UFO+blu+ray

Marty...

Edited by marty_hopkirk
  • Like 1