1/72 Revell MC.200 Saetta *Finished?*

Hello :)

I did start doing my SM.79 but that's a dead project at the moment, because I'm waiting until I get my new airbrush (and then I'm practicing on a Blenheim). So anyway, got myself a MC.200 at my LMS for aroud £5. I tried to use my cheap airbrush to spray the base coat, which then broke. So I used the Humbrol one instead as that was £10. It was alright, but a bit hit or miss. .I think it's turned out alright so far, just got to add decals and then it'll be done.

It's taken about 5 hours so far (plus a lot of airbrush faffing). It was my first aircraft done with acrylics (and first making a mask for a canopy...it wasnt entirely successful), and really my first complete model of about 4 years!

Anyway, pictures!

Assembled, canopy with my first 'masking' job.

16248220606_1761b18cf3.jpg

The underside sprayed, just as my airbrush and comp died!

16272357021_a15bb36feb.jpg

Now fully painted, and I'm pretty happy with it.

16329010505_d179b54e13.jpg

16142813329_1e7b899c24.jpg

16329008815_96e93abe2e.jpg

Added some thread, needs tiring a bit...bit, and it looks better in person haha.

16329008165_e0418aa501.jpg

16329006655_8701480b7c.jpg

Overall I'm pretty happy with how it's turned out so far, my first model in a long long time.

Edited by Commontsar
  • Like 3

So I've pretty much finished...

Ignore the canopy,my cat got hold of it. I've got another MC200 in the post, and I've asked for another canopy of Revell anyway.

So I'm pretty proud of it. There's a picture here of the last models I did about 5 years ago...so...please don't be too mean :P

16358640085_057b7532d5.jpg

16171275960_7d32a272d5.jpg

16332678016_98ffee1176.jpg

And the embaressing part..MC202 and D520 I did about 5 years ago...brace yourselves.

15738681473_c24edd3e90.jpg

• Like 2

Nice work, nothing to be embarrassed about there, we all start somewhere and I think you did a lot better than I have in past works. That camouflage pattern is very ambitious considering it was your return to modelling project!

That looks great! Interesting the you started with the brown and not the green, but the final pattern is spot on. My only comment would be about the aerial wire. You need a friend with long straight hair, preferably a brunette!

Regards,

Adrian

Great paint work - the model would look better without any aerial wire at all.

Yeah. I like having it though. I'm going to buy some thin wire instead and replace it. It won't be hard to replace at least!

That looks great! Interesting the you started with the brown and not the green, but the final pattern is spot on. My only comment would be about the aerial wire. You need a friend with long straight hair, preferably a brunette!

Regards,

Adrian

It came brown ;) but my first base coat was the green. (50/50 mix of yellow and a green, according to the instructions revell gave).

And yeah, I'll replace the wire asap. I'll do it before I put it in the ready for inspection. Useful feedback though!

• Like 1

Really small update...

I got an email from Revell Germany today saying my canopy is on it's way...wooohooooooooooo!

This means that the extra kit I ordered can be done in some special markings I wanted to try out!

I'm also re-buying some proper 'wire' for the aerial cable. I know what i'll use that'll look good, or hopefully.