Gazelle Falklands war XX411

This is the gazelle that was one of 2 that was lost in the 1982 Falklands war killing its crew. The aircraft has been rebuilt as a memorial to the brave airmen link here

C Scale kit supplied by a fellow britmodeller (sorry I cant remember who but thanks go out to him) tried altering the rotor blades to make them look better those who know the kit will know what I mean and the cockpit has a large amount of modelling licence. not sure how to do the dipoles on the front? any ideas welcome. Normal proviso best seen from 5 foot away.

Rodders

gaz1.jpg

gaz2.jpg

• Like 15

Very nice indeed, you`ve got it off to a tee.

When I did my model of the same Gazelle I used guitar string cu t size to represent the dipoles. Fuse wire is another idea and you should have some of this as spare alongside your fuse box.

Cheers

Tony

Hi Rodders,

estimated it was the Airfix one. Built one in my childhood and really would like to have another one. The silver rod I used for my Hueys is from Albion Alloys. Have bought the thinnest I could get (0,2mm) in a hobby shop in the Netherlands. Previously used plastic sprue, but was much too sensitive.

Have a nice evening,

Mario