1/32 Felixstowe

Gisbod

Ah thank you for the very kind comments! Makes it worth toiling over :D

Top wings on! ;D the fit is amazing - NO glue or Jig was needed for the wings and struts - all clicked together. Just requires a bit of thought re the rigging, this should hold the whole thing together as on the real aircraft. It's an incredible kit..

D1745D69-08A9-4C11-B9DD-E349BAE44445.jpg

289A11A2-CA3D-49D0-8EA5-4DFE96859F1D.jpg

E2C0937D-EEB8-45A3-9CB5-0188759D3692.jpg

2C5F6432-6F34-4CD6-82F1-90788904C46C.jpg

Guy

• Like 9

Absolutely brilliant! What rigging material do you use?

Hi Mark, just good ol' monofilament (0.14mm) & Bob's Buckles..

Well done but what happens if the supports under the wing floats are removed?

Regards Toby

Nothing! The wings are very securely fixed in place - although the kit instructions say to leave for 7 days to settle - so they start slightly high then settle in their correct positions over time..

Guy

That transcends mere model making and enters the realm of craftsmanship. It is a singularly superb work of skill and precision.

Thank you once again for the kind comments - I'm calling this done now and the next post will be in the completed builds - if I can work out how to photograph this beast!

The kit is beautiful, and I'd thoroughly recommend it to all - although expensive, I think it's worth it. If you haven't tried a Wingnuts kit before - do yourself a favour and try one! You don't have to start with a Felixstowe! You can pick up a lovely single seater for about £60 and you won't need any aftermarket...

Hoping to take it to Telford this year, so hopefully you can see it in the flesh there..

Cheers

Guy