1/32 Felixstowe

Gisbod

Fantastic. I'm not usually a fan of these older type of aeroplanes (at least in kit form) but you're doing a superbly neat job on this!

Can I ask you to explain to me how you achieve the wood effect on the plywood sides please?

Hello Tom,

It's a light sandy acrylic base with oils dragged over the top - dead easy :)

Guy

Thanks chaps :)

I ordered some 'Mal's Masks' as I think they'll look good on this build, but I haven't tried multi-coloured masks before. I'm a bit worried about bleeding and generally messing up.... :P but I'll give it a go...

38A3922F-D449-4E5E-A61E-F159721A01EA.jpg

07CCC5B4-566A-477C-91D4-A626AC876BD1.jpg

Guy

• Like 1

Guy: Immediately prior to paint application , burnish the EDGE of the mask with Testors burnishing tool if you have it. Spray a light coat of white or slighlty off-white to ensure an even marking. You'll do fine, markings done with masks will change your outlook!

Masks done :) pretty pleased - teeny bit of bleed here and there but nothing of note.. They look so much better than decals - will be using again..

098A83F3-12CD-4C49-8203-1906E124B0E9.jpg

4D29DC7C-ACEE-4DAA-8CF5-5F40916E4D9E.jpg

2FD8C137-9A60-4463-9815-3206B048F4F0.jpg

Have I mentioned it's big?

DB79EECC-87BF-46A5-8C88-79D5D5C7294F.jpg

Guy

• Like 8

Superb work! That is a monster, for sure. One of our local club members had this kit at our meeting this week, and was about at the same level of completion as you are. Hey, is you him? :)

Cheers,

Bill

Hi Guy,

Of all the builds of this kit I have seen so far, this is fantastic workmanship and is going to finish a real show stopper! Very, very well done.

Question: It's so good I'd very much like to feature it on my SEAWINGS website - may I ask permission to 'borrow' the images and the descriptive text and turn it into an article for all to see and enjoy?

Keep up the great work....

• 3 weeks later...

Superb work so far and a fascinating WIP. Mal's Masks are the best I've used so far by quite some way and he's a super nice guy to deal with. Burnishing is definitely a must - especially over contours like ribs.

What a monster this is!

Cheers,

Roger