Pocher 1:8 Aventador kit

i have this Pocher Aventador build going on at the moment, so i thought that i might show it here on this forum (i have it on another forum too). i started in late october last year, building the parts i can, as i am waiting for the trans kit to be available, to really advance the build.

onto the build.

the Pocher 1:8 box:IMG_8307_zps0cbcbf8e.jpg

and with a 1:18 AUTOart box
IMG_8317_zpsa727720f.jpg

you can fit 12 AUTOart 1:18 boxes in the Pocher box. 6 in 2 layers
IMG_8314_zpsd270664a.jpg

the front
IMG_8327_zps268e35b7.jpg
4d4e393f-d25b-4a23-b8e0-655564d57781_zps

bonnet
IMG_8333_zpsce19a947.jpg

right door
a0203f5e-33f1-4ffb-a086-49e0ca937fa6_zps

wheels
IMG_8336_zps59a2eb0f.jpg

front and mid section
9623eb9f-d1da-4157-a983-2c9b45cd9bd8_zps

the Aventadors is all AUTOart 1:18 (except the Pocher 1:8 of course)

i wont build it straight out of the box. i want add some extra details and my personal touch/taste.
various parts would benefit greatly from some new paint, so i will do that.
a trans kit is in development, which i most likely would add.
paint interior in some color combo, maybe like in the AUTOart 1:18 Aventador.
repaint wheels in another color. thinking of either silver or light gun metal. definitely not black. nooo

t9vcwj.jpg
jr5rns.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I built this beastie about a year back.

There's scope to add a HUGE amount of the missing parts from the engine and front end - and there is a LOT missing.

Also, I worked out an easy way to make the entire rear end removable, otherwise most of the rear engine/transmission/suspension etc is forever hidden.

It it's of any use, my build is here:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234963415-pocher-18-aventador/page-1

Roy.

Edited by roymattblack

I have this same kit and I was on the waiting list for the Trans kit but, I decided that even though it would add tons of detail I wasn't convinced that most of it would seen when the build was done. I would definitely follow Roy's advice on the rear end though, since you have the Trans kit. I'll be watching this with interest and to see how nicely this goes together.

roymattblack, on 29 Sept 2015 - 11:39 PM, said:

I built this beastie about a year back.

There's scope to add a HUGE amount of the missing parts from the engine and front end - and there is a LOT missing.

Also, I worked out an easy way to make the entire rear end removable, otherwise most of the rear engine/transmission/suspension etc is forever hidden.

It it's of any use, my build is here:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234963415-pocher-18-aventador/page-1

Roy.

some of the missing parts is added with the trans kit, but i dont know how much of the missing stuff it covers. but i dont think i am going to add even more stuff than the trans kit, else i will drown in the build.

i havent decided decided on the rear end yet, but i have seen your Aventador build, and there is some good hints and tips here and there.

I have this same kit and I was on the waiting list for the Trans kit but, I decided that even though it would add tons of detail I wasn't convinced that most of it would seen when the build was done. I would definitely follow Roy's advice on the rear end though, since you have the Trans kit. I'll be watching this with interest and to see how nicely this goes together.

i havent started on the engine part yet, but i will think about it.

my plan for now is to finish the interior compartment, and then the front frame, as those parts are taking up space

• 2 weeks later...

some progress on the dashboard. whats left is to apply decals for steering wheel bottoms, logo for steering wheel, bottoms for air vents.
i also want to put carbon on the dashboard and the back of the seats, but i am waiting for some decal softener to be able to do the decal works.

IMG_2056_zpsfjzk1qqb.jpg?t=1444598972
IMG_2063_zpszxzscmqr.jpg?t=1444598585
IMG_2062_zpsuka9odka.jpg?t=1444598655
86141879-bf66-48fc-8584-42ee02f08c8c_zps
IMG_2053_zps0by4fwmf.jpg?t=1444599100
IMG_2061_zpswbmewwch.jpg?t=1444598726
IMG_2048_zpsdgrdaaqc.jpg?t=1444599213
IMG_2047_zpsdxhj8asm.jpg?t=1444599160
IMG_2050_zpsfmvefc6p.jpg?t=1444599262

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hi Alex,

This was looking good. Did you make any progress? I'd be interested to learn a bit more about your build specifically wih the transkit.

hi, not much progress since october, i have prepped the engine block for painting, but it is too cold outside for painting at the moment.

meanwhile i would put some decals on the steering wheels, but the softener i use doesnt react with the decals at all, so that is on hold until i find some softener that works.

you can see the kit on here, and another on going build here