1/72 - Handley-Page Harrow & Sparrow by Valom - released - new Sparrow Mk.II boxing

Homebee

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Two more boxes annouced on Valom home page:

72058 Handley Page Sparrow

72117 Handley Page Harrow Mk.II (271. Sqn Normandy)

So - difficult choice...

Cheers, J-W

I knew it, just as I've started my Contrail Sparrow! Mind you these could be years away yet.

Will be interesting to see how they do the Sparrow as really it needs a different fuselage and no mid upper turret. Valom's research is often a bit suspect when it comes to the details, like the framing mistake on the front and rear turrets to their Bombay, so look forward to seeing their interpretation of the different Harrow/Sparrow marks when there seems to be so little reliable info out there.

Vaclav told me that the Harrow was still in the race, great to see that it may be quite soon...fills a gap in the types BC operated and will look nice on our SIG table. Looking forward to knocking a couple of these into shape.....(which I sincerely hope isn't the case !).

I've got a lot of Valom kits now and must admit I find them all highly enjoyable to build, OK not shake n bake but that's where the fun lies..

• Like 1

I'd love to see both the Harrow and Sparrow in kit form - the latter was operated from Doncaster in WW2 so falls into my modelling interest.

Looking forward to the release dates👌

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, Tbolt said:

I wonder how sturdy the model is going to be on those thin plastic struts for the gear? This might be one of those times it would be nice to have some metal struts.

I don't think it's a problem. They are thick enough. In worst case one can reinforce the struts with needles but I honestly think it  is not needed

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Pin said:

I don't think it's a problem. They are thick enough. In worst case one can reinforce the struts with needles but I honestly think it  is not needed

Lets hope so - the real aircraft always looked a bit flimsy on it's wheels.

Interesting to see this as I am part way through a Contrail Sparrow to which Graham refers to in the previous post. The nose looks about right although the joins between the fuselage, extension piece and nose will be a pain to align. The shape has the correct increase curve to the bottom making it look like it has it's nose in the air!  Can't tell how the twin tension cables to the landing gear are achieved?

Look forward to seeing one built, can't possibly take as long as my Sparrow.IMG_1345_zpsoynuwg66.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Got one coming today, (managed to get it for £22 on a certain online auction site, which is pretty good), I've really been looking forward to this one ever since it was announced. A nice variety of serials and markings too....I'm guessing most will go for the sharkmouthed...guess who wont !

• Like 1